Overbridge 2.0.31 + Win7 WORKS!

I have to admit I’ve been waiting for quite some time for a working Overbridge so yesterday I decided to try out this Overbridge 2.0.31 beta.

Long story short. The problem on Windows 7 is that the Overbridge Engine for some reason doesn’t even detect any of the devices. Booting up the same computer on Win10 shows all devices (A4/AR/AH) being detected and connected without problem.

So it seems like Overbridge 2.0.31 is working as it says it would, meaning that it requires “Windows 10 or higher”. I can’t for the life of me understand though what is making this tool so unique that it can’t be compatible with Win7.

It really sucks that Overbridge would be the thing that would force me into an upgrade, but I guess something had to be first :slight_smile:

You should be asking yourself why you are still stuck on an now almost 11 year old OS.

Windows 10 is a superior OS to Windows 7 and runs far better.
I have absolutely no issues with Windows 10 whatsoever. I hated Windows 7 (and 8 was even worse) and can’t think for the live of me as to why people would stay with it. Especially since you could upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Unless you have a very old computer with hardware that doesn’t have Windows 10 drivers. :confused:

In Elektron’s defense. You can’t expect them to keep supporting these old OSes forever. Eventually people just need to move on and upgrade.

3 Likes

fair point - even Microsoft don’t support Windows 7 now

:wink:

(although I think Windows 7 was pretty good, haven’t missed it for a second since upgrading… and clearing all the clutter out of 10s UI)

Overbridge is already a very complicated piece of software so you can’t really expect Elektron to add even more complexity to it by making it compatible with an ancient OS. Also, Microsoft officially ended support for Windows 7 on the 14th of January, why would they support it if Microsoft doesn’t even do that anymore?

1 Like

Minimum Computer Requirements
Overbridge 2.0 requires a high-performance computer optimized for audio production. Elektron recommends the below specs as minimum specs.

• At least 8GB of RAM.
  • At least Intel Core i5 CPU.
  • OpenGL 3.2 capable GPU.
  • Dedicated USB host port for each Overbridge hardware device. USB Hubs are generally not supported and may cause problems with both connectivity and performance.
  • Windows 10/macOS 10.12
2 Likes

It sounds like you already have access to Windows 10 but, if you really need to hold out, some people had success in the past with Windows 7:

These workarounds might not work any longer, and you should surely plan to use Windows 10 for a supported Overbridge experience.

1 Like

Wow. It works.
Thanks Peter for showing the way :kissing_heart:

“Disable driver signature enforcement” during installation of Overbridge was the key.

Much appreciated.

What’s more that is positive is that A4 Ext In L/R is now working in Overbridge :slight_smile:
Här gick det en del felsökningstimmar…

2 Likes

I couldn’t get Overbridge to work on Windows 7 either, switched over to MacOs and everything works like a charm now. Ditch the W7 man, it’s on its last legs.

this is simply not true. No need to spread nonsense on this forum.

Edit: I’ll just leave it here http://update7.simplix.info (telemetry-free all-in-1)

2 Likes

@cipherpunks Fine. Whatever. Stay on Windows7 as long as you want. Good luck with that. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ah…windows 7…that takes me back.

Shine on you crazy diamond! Let the dream live on!