Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

It says USB hubs are not supported but how does that work exactly?

I have an iMac Pro with 4 USB ports only. I have an Elektron Digitone, Four, Rytm, and Heat. I also have an Access Virus TI2, Roland Tr-8S, Softube Console, and an SH-01A plugged in via USB.

How do people deal with these? Everyone wants you to not use USB hubs, but ultimately, that’s the future? Does a Thunderbolt 3 hub work?

My issue is that every time I open the Four and the Rytm via Overbridge in Ableton Live, I get a severely distorted, glitchy sound, almost sounds like ring modulation.

My fix is to turn off the distorted device. Wait 10 secs and restart the device. Usually the other device will go out in the same manner. This will repeat for about 5 mins and multiple rounds until it finally works. Of course, it is generally the case that sometime in the next hour I will have another off and on a few times.

The problem is I cannot do this without a USB hub. How many people have large studios and don’t need USB hubs?

I use a TB2 dock without issue.
TB3 should provide you with the same worry-free operation.

1 Like

Overhub from Elektron is meant for that. I use it without any issue.

1 Like

I admit to having bought an Overhub, plugged directly into the back of a brand new Mac mini, so far everything works spectacularly well, at 2.0.24.

1 Like

Use Analog-Rytm_MKII_OS1.50A.syx if you have a Mk2

I have Mk1s with the newest software. I have an Overhub, couldn’t get it to work with my iMac Pro. Is it possible that is a USB 2 vs 3 issue? The iMac Pro was brand new when I tried hooking it up.

With OB 2.0.24 on Mojave and Logic Pro X, the Analog Heat Mk1 was not working properly for me (it had worked fine with previous betas). Now, it is working again with 2.0.30.

Nice work Elektron, thanks.

Now to test some other devices and also on Catalina.

In the ‚settings‘ menu of the device (not overbridge)

Ah, well those boxes were/are checked, and working otherwise the .24 Overbridge would not have worked. Thanks though, and just to be clear; .30 i9s wooing under Catalina. I’ve not upgraded to Catalina, since other things will [still] break at this juncture.

Awesome work Elektron crew!!! Once the MIDI issue with latency is fixed I’ll be using this as my primary recording method.

I see degradation since 2.0.24

On Mac OS X 10.11.6 i had no problem with OB 2.0.24 + Digitakt 1.11
Now on the same environment i can not use Digitakt - it was not shown on OB 2.0.30

Critical reason to downgrade for me

1 Like

Yes, please do not leave 10.11.6 behind

Anyone got a download for Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.24.11_Beta_(Full).dmg?

Digitone (1.21) not showing up in Overbridge .30

Shows up in .16.6 but wont run in Ableton due to an OS mismatch with Digitone.

Mac OS Sierra

Cheers

I’ve been experimenting with downgrading and upgrading my OB, those are still available as topics on the forum with the downloads- you should just be able to do a search on the forum and find it

Seems like 2.0.30 has fewer instances of hanging notes/infinite unsolicited sustain on the Digitone when playing midi from the DAW compared to 2.0.24 :slight_smile: it’s very usable now.

2 Likes

Any changes to the Digitakt implementation in this version? I don’t see anything listed specifically regarding that machine.

Hi
Under Sierra A4 MK2 is not visibile anymore within OvB engine (2.0.30). Had to downgrade to 2.0.24.11.
MacPro 5.1. Sierra, 2x 6 core 3.33, 48GB RAM
LPX 10.4.4

OvB 2.0.24.11.
A4 MK2 OS: 1.40.A

Mac is fine, but I hope you folks fixed daily BSODs since .21 build on Windows systems

@Zeush Collect that crash dump and forward it to support. How to report issues

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Truly appreciate you getting this out.

1 Like