Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Just had a long jam tonight and came in to find this pleasant surprise. Nice to know we can move to Catalina if inclined now. Very cool.

2 Likes

Yeahh finally :smile::+1:

Is this concerning the names in Transfer?
If so my Digitakt output is only called ā€œMidiā€ and the input is called ā€œElektron Digitakt [1]ā€.

2 Likes

I do not understand anything.
This 2019 I updated the Firmware and I had no problem. But now I donā€™t know how to update Āæ?

The procedure I follow is as follows:

1. AR MKII mode Overbridge (also tested with USB MIDI Mode).

2. Open Transfer v1.1.0 and select MIDI In: Elektron Analog Rytm MKII,
    MIDI out: Elektron Analog Rytm MKIIā€¦ Status connected.

3. On the hardwareā€¦ System, OS Upgrade (Okay)ā€¦

4. On the Drop tab of Transfer v1.1.0 I drag the Analog-Rytm_OS1.50A.syx file. It seems to transfer the data but nothing happens in the Hardware. As if he had done nothing.

I honestly donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong. I repeat that in all this year I have not had any problem updating the Firmware.

Tested on macOS Mojave and Catalina (same result)

Help. Thanks.

Hi futuredada,

You cannot update with Transfer, it is promised with future Transfer version, it will be most ideal.
You can use Elektronā€™s C6 for updating, it works on Mojave, does not work with Catalina.
For now on Catalina, you can use the free Sysex Librarian util. As it is not specifically designed for Elektron hw, itā€™s a bit slow, prepare for half an hour or a little bit more or somethingā€¦ But it does work.

Zsolt

2 Likes

Okay, Iā€™ve tried (halfway) for slowness.
Iā€™ll try the full test with C6.

Many thanks.

Updating with C6 should be really fast though, after you select hardware midi port and it recognizes itā€™s Elektron in itā€™s config dialog. If itā€™s slow then something is misconfigured. C6 should display turbo mode enabled or something like that.

Maybe you also have to disable MIDI ports on the device. So instead of ā€˜MIDI+USBā€™ just use ā€˜USBā€™. Also, you may have to disable overbridge, using ā€˜USB-MIDI onlyā€™ mode on the deviceā€™s usb config menu.

itā€™s not slow - you just havenā€™t adjusted the delay between successive pieces of info being sent out - thatā€™s a setting within the application, itā€™s obviously defaulting to a crazy high throttling value, a low non-zero value should keep it both reliable and snappy

1 Like

Nothing at all. Thisā€¦ Hummm. As if he had done nothing.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Ohā€¦ Makes sense, thanks.

1 Like

Same here in 10.11.6 (I know; but at least I have one airgapped studio machine that doesnā€™t suffer slowdown from the Heartbleed and Meltdown mitigations)

Iā€™m having some problem with my analog heat mk1 and my mac os catalina.
Is not detecting the machine at all, does anyone have any similar problem?

The seems to be a few reports about devices not showing up. We are still investigating as we have yet not been able to recreate this our self. Please help us out by collect your logs and report using these instructions.

How to report issues

2 Likes

No errors displayed in the Security & Privacy panes, any of them. The Overbridge engine starts, but sees no devices, same for control panel. Could it be the install package? the .24 includes ā€œfullā€ in the filename and updates the pre-boot sector duirng install; .30 does not. Just checked ti download site no ā€œfullā€ opverbridge install thereā€¦

Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.24.11_Beta_(Full).dmg

vs

Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.30.3_Beta.dmg

Just checked re-install of 24, works fie. [A minor observation; in control panel, the A4 channel on/off status seems to change randomly.]

I really hoped this would work, I LOVE the [working] app, great job fitting into aggregate device with XAir189, old Mackie mixer.

Any other ideas?

Did that, no joy. Removed 30, re-installed 24, works fine. Note that the filename for the .24 release includes the word full, unlike the 30 release. Also during install, 23 u updates the pre-boor sector, 30 does not. Perhaps the 30 installer is not updating the driver?

Problem solved. Incredible, instead of downloading ARMKII I downloaded ARMKI. I repeat again. Amazing! I will be donkey.

3 Likes

Ah, that must have hurt! Donā€™t be a donkey, though.

Hey friends,
I do have exactly the same problem like many of you:
AH Mk1 + Catalina => unit is not recognized in Overbridge in Ableton
I Had no problems before Catalina :frowning:

OK, found my problem: Overbridge was checked out after OS Update :wink:

Now it works fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What do you mean by ā€œchecked outā€? Where?