Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Don’t have a DN but my guess is that its 4 synth engines are stereo whereas DTs are mono

2 Likes

I’m finding this version of Overbridge to be running absolutely fine on Catalina with my AR/A4 MKII

I thought I was a bit stuck before in Live 10 as I was trying to assign/configure some parameters to Macros but nothing was happening until I clicked on MAP then on the AR/A4 gui clicked return to default and then the parameters were assigned, known issue?

Other than that great!

Update: I used the installer package to uninstall and re-install on Catalina and now have Overbridge working.

To be blunt though, I’ve pretty-much given up on USB audio based plug-ins. Too high latency. Have also moved over to a 3rd party editor for most of the Virus Ti work. Stand-alone editors are much more use for me at the minute.

1 Like

Similar experience re latency with the virus ti on windows 7. I ended up using and being very happy with the mystery islands editor, midi and analog in - and have not tried ti since upgrading to win10.

However, I’m getting reasonably good results with OB usb audio on win10. To be clear: I’m not using an elektron audio interface. So far i’m just tracking the stereo mix from and A4mkII and same from ARmkII. Latency in bitwig is around 30ms which is about the same as the other hw instruments (including the virus) that I record via my motu 8A (over usb2).

I might get different results recording the individual tracks - I tested it at the beginning and it appeared to work ok, but I have not been doing that often enough to give a true appraisal.

My only complaint at this time, is that when I enable “save on exit” in the OB total recall options, the OB plugins often crash when I attempt to exit bitwig. That gets annoying, so I’m doing a manual save - which is also annoying - but not as much.

Well, it worked fine with all of my Elektrons (except OT obviously)
I’ve got AH2, AR1, Afour2, Digitone and all worked fine with Overbridge though it’s always a hassle once a new update is coming out and one has to update everything.

Now it’s AR Vs 1.50A, 1.20 for AH and Overbridge 1.15.0

On a Mac 10.12 and there’s neither a unit recognized in the engine nor in the Logic Elektron Plugs

Any Idea??

Andreas

I got it running on my machine and got another one using overbridge with my post here: (MacOS Catalina, setting up overbridge)

maybe it might help you too?!

1 Like

Can someone who has an AK working with overbridge beta tell me if it recalls all settings in the sessions? The digitone/digitakt/etc say they do on the website but the older boxes don’t say they do. I’m trying to figure out if it’s just that the website refers to the non-beta overbridge or if the older devices really have fewer OB features…

EDIT: nvm I just read the OB manual and it explicitly says total recall is for AK

1 Like

The usual, did you run the uninstaller between the old and new version? Did you try removing hubs and trying each individually? You have everything still set to OB not USB?

I didn’t have a great time in Logic with OB (might have been an initial weird sample rate) over Live, but at least saw the plugins and could use them.

Hey
I recently started to have problems with the plugin window not refreshing and displaying a blank canvas, making it impossible to acces the Total recall options.
The weird thing is that removing the VST and bring it back again will fix the issue, BUT not necesserly at all times.
I am on Win 10 so not sure if an update caused this as it was working perfectly for months.

\Anyone facing this too ?

Sounds like an issue I had after opening a new project, where I was attempting to open the plugin window before I had clicked “yes” on the A4mkII to accept the sync prompt.

2 Likes

will try this

Well, it worked up until I transferred the new OS to the Instruments. Since then they won’t be recognized any more. So… it worked up until 6 Weeks ago and then they came out with the 'fantastic new OS for a4 etc and I updated everything and since then thy are not recognized via USB.
I don’t know how many hours I spent with Elektron and Overbridge but it’s defnetely too many.
I’ll cut it down to Octatrack an AR via Midi, all the othes go into the cellar. Or bay.
Thanks for your time

Are you SURE you checked USB mode? It can get reset, or you can forget to change it back to OB mode. I’m not being patronizing here, I’ve had that happen to me.

1 Like

Me, too. It DID work after the update for a short period of time but next Mac power up, no devices. Overbridge mode most DEFINITELY set on my A4 Keys, Rytm MKII, Digitakt and Digitone.

Same here, does not recognize DT or DTone. OS 10.12.6

worst thing is if you can’t rely on your gear. You don’t want to record everything in case it won’t work the next day your on it. I’m doing film and commercials, I can’t tell the client his sounds are gone. Not very satisfying

Why do you need OB to save sounds?

You’re absolutely right, not for saving sounds. But… Now it doesn’t work at all in the system any more. Just in case I had a Beat from AR and a seq from A4 and some Dirt in the Master section from AH they wouldn’t work any more because they are not recognized my the Engine and Logic. So what happened? All I tried to say is - If I had a track done 6 weeks ago and client needs some changes I had to substitute the Elektrons and it would all sound different

I haven’t experienced that myself. BUT, I’m a pinch, just turn off OB and use TRS and Midi cables and you’re in business.
Still werks totally fine that way.
I actually prefer it. Keeps time better. I dunno…just like that way more.

I really only use OB to help with testing. I find I really don’t much need the extra outs. It’s DEFINITELY handy to have and use time time. But, I kinda like the old school way.

I found it quite handy to use the elektrons with an usb cable only like a plug in. It opened a whole new world. Analog Heat wherever I wanted it. And then, suddenly, they’re all dead