Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Tried again yesterday - this time without the DN OB Plugin. I was able (after hours) to get the four channels of audio (no FX) into Ableton (using a combo of External Instrument tracks and Audio tracks) by disabling all of the audio signals and FX from ‘Main’. So I found a workable solution except for the ability to have the FX sends in Ableton. It’s just a shame that we can’t get the DN FX for each track - so if we want to record the audio with the onboard FX, we’ve got to go old-skool and record each track separately using the main audio outs. Unless I’m missing a trick?

Experiencing the same issue with Ableton 10 (MacOS) and OB 2030 with DN. Unusable for me.

1 Like

I raised it and just got a response saying they’re working on it, which is reassuring to know it’s not just me:

4 Likes

I just updated from 2.0.19.3 to 2.0.30.3 and my Digitone doesn’t connect to overbridge anymore now. Firmware on the Digitone is 1.21 and I’m on Mac OS Sierra.
Is this an issue caused by my Mac OS? I went back to 2.0.19.3 and it works again now but of course I’d like to update to the newest version of Overbridge.

I get this every so often on Cubase - I managed to mitigate it a bit by only syncing the Clock instead of the default Clock + Transport. I still get it randomly, but once I changed that setting it became a lot more usable. Support told me that this is a well-known issue currently being investigating. Ed: oops I hadn’t seen you also got in touch with them :slight_smile:

When I was digging about the issue, I ran into this thread - if you haven’t seen it it might help since you’re on Ableton.

1 Like

Nice one. I’ll check it out. Thank you!

Hi Craig! Can you confirm that Panning using OB is only possible on the Digitone (not on the Digitakt, A4 or AR). Thanks!

What I mean is the only time I hear the result of Panning in my SPEAKERS is with the DN. Tried with my other devices and nothing happens.

1 Like

Hey. Sure thing. I can only check DT for you when I get back home (out shopping at the moment). I’m not rich enough for an AR and I’ve just sold my AK so it’s all boxed up ready to be shipped.

It’s gonna be enough. Thank you very much!

1 Like

I mean, with details about what you’ve tried and what your setup is people can offer suggestions.

1 Like

The track out do not go thru the FX. The FX are on the main out only.

Has anyone on Sierra or El Capitan had OB 2.0.30 recognise any device at all? Still can’t get my Rytm MKII recognised unless I downgrade to 2.0.24.

Thanks for confirming

Panning works fine for me on the DT. You can see here the Master Channel in Live showing the left, then the right. Turning Pan on the hardware also works. Apologies for shaky hands.

The link beteween the Hardware and the Plugin works but I’m not hearing the Panning in my Speakers (or my Headphones) as I do with the Digitone.

Do you hear the Panning going from left to right?

Yep, I had DT as the interface for both ins and outs, and could hear the panning on the headphones just fine. Are you using a different interface?

I am using a MOTU 828ES. I don’t understand why it is working with the DN, though.

DT’s track pans only work with the (stereo) master output - not with individual (mono) outputs inside a daw.

[edit] uhh… @Tchu this was meant as a reply to you, not @rgarner :smiley:

1 Like

Just found out Midi Note Chasing is a Live 10 feature, but I’m on Live 9 so can’t try out that suggestion. I’m definitely going to try out the turning off transport idea, though. Thanks again!

1 Like

I knew that but why is the Panning working on the Digitone?