Overbridge 2.0.21 Public Beta

So you ask a question here, and if it’s a legit bug, file it with Elektron?

1 Like

I’m sure this is something very simple that I’m missing. On Mac OS X High Sierra, Ableton 10.1.3, an Apollo Twin interface, and the current beta OS’s for OB, Analog Rytm MK II, and Analog Four MK II.

The issue is that when I load the individual plug-ins the audio flows through and using the keys in them also sends note data that sends audio to my computer. However, in Ableton when I add the VST to a MIDI track there and then create an Audio track to select a channel on either device no audio is registering as being received and no transport data, etc is sent to either machine w/ overbridge enabled.

In the VST I can control the parameters of the synth which I can hear the changes to on the master output and the Control Panel shows that audio is being sent. Previously, I had no issues with this and it was just plug and play.

Any ideas on how to get the audio to register in Ableton? Just cannot figure out what I’m missing

If you’re routing to an audio track to do you have monitor set to “in” instead of auto on the audio track?

I have made that mistake before but still can’t sort this out. The audio doesn’t even register on the channel options in Ableton

I did open a ticket at Elektron site, but nobody answer me

1 Like

Could it be that the buffer size is to high?

1 Like

So, I’m not a noob (so to speak)… I bought my Analog 4 MkII towards the end of 2017. I’ve waited, patiently, I’ve kept upto date by reading the forum posts etc etc and not moaned (not ONCE!)… but now, 2 years after purchasing the damn product, that promised multi-channel audio streaming and vst support (when I bought it!) and having just put myself through 8+ hours of installing 140+ Windows 8.1 updates (manually) and then a Windows 10 upgrade as well as updating the latest firmware… this beta version will not install on my computer… can you imagine just how pissed i am at Elektron?!

Sure, there must be a reason for this… but it isn’t aything to do with my system specs etc.

Honestly, I only bought the A42 because of what was promised… and now i find myself completely beaten down by making sure that everything is exactly as it should be in order to make sh*t work… as advertised… only it doesn’t.

Please, has anyone got any clue wtf I’m supposed to do from here?

2 Likes

MSI files are installer files for windows; they exist since Windows XP :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s working perfectly for me on windows 10.
Must not be set up correctly, keep trying you will work it out.
Just saying it does work. Let me know what you mean won’t install and I’ll try help

2 Likes

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying. So, I’ve slept on the problem and approached it with a fresh head today…

After updating my system I was trying to install Overbridge 2.0.21beta and the installer kept crashing and reported “setup ended prematurely…” error.

Today I realised that I still had Overbridge 1.15.0 installed (from when I initially bought my A42) and that the installation may have been corrupted by upgrading to Windows 10; this was confirmed when I tried to manually uninstall 1.15.0

First I had to repair the 1.15.0 installation, reboot the system, then manually uninstall it and reboot again.

After uninstalling 1.15.0 I then tried installing 2.0.21beta again and this time it worked! :smiley:

I’ve quickly fired up my A42, put it in Overbridge mode and launched Overbridge Control Panel… which now recognises the device and shows 8 inputs and 6 outputs.

That’s as far as I’ve got with testing functionality but appears to be working now :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s great just took a bit to get going…
The vst plugins get put into the steinberg vst folder on c:drive,
If you are having trouble finding them because you don’t get to choose where they go

2 Likes

ahhh… good bit of advice! Thanks

Am I safe to move them to my plugin folder that I’ve linked in Ableton?

2 Likes

No prob!, Yeah just move them will be fine

2 Likes

I cleared out my preferences in Ableton and reinstalled Overbridge and now everything is working as expected. No idea why setting change in Ableton got turned off along the way. Thanks for the help!

Having issues with Digitone Keys “freezing” and Overbridge showing status ‘Fault’ in red for that unit.

Latest firmware, latest overbridge, latest MacOS Mojave

Has anyone had any luck using this in Reaper? Trying the VST with a Digitakt and the most recent Reaper (5.984). I can play notes and they sound correctly but if I record notes to a track and attempt to play them back, it usually misses the first few notes and then seemingly tries to catch up, causing crazy artifacts and crackling.

New release 2.0.24: