Overbridge 2.0.21 Public Beta

First go with the new OB is pretty good. Got Rytm Mk1, AK and Virus Ti all working simultaneously on my Mac.

Whether it will work every time though, time will tell.

1 Like

My Digitakt wonā€™t work with overbridge plugin.

It used to work with previous releases, but it is over now: no more separate outputs into my Ableton. Overbridge app works as usual

(Mojave MacBook Pro, Ableton)

@Elektron

Hello guys !

### USB Audio drivers for Windows and macOS

The USB Audio Drivers will expose Audio and MIDI-interfaces for Elektron
On macOS, HAL and CoreAudio audio interfaces are provided.*

Does it mean that I cannot use the Overebridge and ā€œsidechainā€ fuction with A4 without having in ableton the Master out to analog four ?

I would like to have a master output with an other soundcard + using sidechain from A4ā€¦

Edit :

I tried an upgrade to a different more recent OB versions
Result now my analog four isnā€™t anymore recognized ā€¦ Itā€™s written as ā€œFaultā€ in the OB Engineā€¦

Pretty annoyingā€¦
What can I doā€¦ This is so unstable.

What OS version are you using on your A4? What version of OB are you using? Have you remembered to switch USB mode back to OB Mode on the device?

1 Like

Hello.
I guess this is a known one, but i just spent 30 min troubleshooting, because my AH does not process any USB audio anymore if i switch Latency to 2000 Samples.
No error message in the software, nothing.
Very frustrating

I actually figured out what was up with this! Input monitoring works in the plugin if (using Bitwig) you hit Add Missing Chains. The inputs show up as the last pair of outputs and play.

Itā€™s odd and somewhat unintuitive that input monitoring doesnā€™t work unless youā€™ve split out the outputs but hey, it works. Maybe I missed something in the manual but I wanted to share in case anyone else ran into this.

As an aside, the fact that the eight audio outputs go simultaneously through their independent tracks and to the Master track means that you hear them doubled unless you mute Master. I guess thatā€™s better than needing to manually route each track to a specific output.

same after this update

I think Iā€™m giving up.
Every single release I hope that a new one will be better, but all is the same.
When Heat and Digitakt are connected together Iā€™ve got the same digital crackles and noises, Digitakt becomes inactive in Ableton for no reason and sound may just disappear every 20 minutes. Itā€™s just a big pain and kills all my creativity. I feel that it makes no sense to report new bugs anymore and Overbridge is just a fail.
Sorry for the moan, Iā€™m just deeply disappointed and annoyed, because my music production process now is a constant struggle with Elektron devices and I donā€™t see the end of this.

1 Like

What are your computer specs? Are you using a hub?

1 Like

Well, help us figure out what about your setup may be contributing to this!

Alongside asking for the other details (os, hub, firmware of the heat) what are the number of channels youā€™re using on the digitakt? Do you get dropouts with just 2 channels?

I noticed on my A4 Mkii using both the last beta and 2.0.21 on Mac (Ableton) that the performance parameter page in OB shows incorrectly labeled target parameters for the FX track. You can alter them so I think it still works and maybe they correspond to the right parameters in the right spots on T1-4 but it makes it hard to know what youā€™re doing when changing FX parameter performance mode targets in OB.

If I change the track for an overbridge performance parameter to something other than FX and then back to FX, it does show the correct parameter in the dropdown page but not the collapsed dropdown if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I notice sound crackling when using AR and click in Safari browser in the browser.
Without OB only with external instrument it is gone.
Nevertheless the new version gui looks good.

Same here = Last OB x Last A4 upgrade x Sierra updated but A4 appear as ā€œFaultyā€ shows in soudcards of ableton but isnā€™t finally usable with the Overbridge plugin and no sounds or midi going thru or from Usb
A big mess

The digitone remains frozen with overbridge

macOS Mojave: 10.14.06
Digitone: 1.2.1
Digitakt: 1.11
Overbridge: 2.0.21.21 Beta
Ableton Live: 10.1.2

Check in Ableton Preferences that MIDI IN and MIDI OUT is turned OFF for the Digitone.

2 Likes

@Olle thank you for your answer, I will test as soon as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, on MacOS Catalina my Digitone 1.21, the overbridge driver install and start without no problem, but remain stuck on mesauring, any hint?

Iā€™m working on Windows 10 and Ableton Live 9.7.7. Iā€™m using 5 Elektron devices with Overbridge (Rytm mk2, A4 mk2, AH mk2, Digitakt and Digitone) on Elektron Overhub. Everything is stable execpt for the AH. When using the knobs intensively, itā€™s freezing. Anyone else?

Update : Iā€™ve installed the new OS 1.20 on the AH and the new version of OB 2.0.21. Same results : Analog Heat is freezing when using the knobs intensively.

Same prob here, theyā€™re working on it since 2.0.15, yet.
Olle said :

We wish u the best team Elektron and hopefully this measurementbug getā€™s squashed ASAP :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Electron support does not respond to Overbridge issues tickets
They refers to Elektronauts forum for Overbridge problems
Elektronauts forum does not have an official voice that answer to questions of users

So, I have a problem with regarding Overbridge: Now what?

1 Like