Overbridge 2.0.19 Public Beta

Yeah he’s Sending midi to the main midi out, which does let you record.

It Doesn’t record to sequencer if sent to the overbridge plugin for some reason

Hi ‘Nauts,
I have a Digitakt and I LOVE it,
I use Ableton on my MacBook Pro so I cannot wait for OB to come out and enjoy the great DAW integration that OB will assure.

I know there’s a Public Beta out,
However I have an habit of not using beta firmwares on my devices.

I saw that Overbridge is in Beta since long time ago.
Does anyone know when it will be definitely released?
Any hints?

Thanks!

No.

How do I know?

No, it crashes even with a blank project and adding the plugin later :confused:

Just let me know if that was helpful.

1 Like

Just use it or you may be waiting awhile.
It works fine it just needs a few tweaks

Well you’re in luck friend, because the current Digitakt firmware for use with OB2 is not a beta firmware. Go ahead, install 1.11 and go ham on Overbridge!

Tuesday

9 Likes

Latest MacOS, Digitakt v1.11 and OB2 v2.0.19 crashes in latest Ableton Live 10 whenever I try to use the plugin. Standalone app works just fine.

That will get the job done, thanks! Not sure why I didn’t try that before. It’s confusing that you can play MIDI notes through the Overbridge plugin but not record them. I’m happy there’s a way to do it without waiting for an update.

EDIT: I feel that I didn’t express my thanks sufficiently… Thank you!!! HUGS

1 Like

You are Welcome! That’s the purpose of this community : help and share.

1 Like

I have installed 2.0.19.3 version of OB yesterday and the A4 mk2 plugin just makes Ableton crash all the time. I’m gonna do other tests tonight. I didn’t try the Rytm mk2 plugin yet.

When I was running the 2.0.19.2 version, everything was really stable except for the AH mk2 who, sometimes, when tweaking knobs, froze.

I am using Ableton Live 9.7.7, Windows 10, AH mk2, A4 mk2, Digitone, Digitakt and Rytm mk2 with Elektron Overhub.

Problem solved : I forgot to transfer the NEW Elektron plugins from the Steinberg Folder (Windows) to My plugins Folder.

Mojave or Catalina?

Does anyone else have a problem getting OB to even see their AR MKI? I can get my Digitakt to connect with no problems, but OB just won’t see my AR at all for some reason. I have tried it in both OB and USB mode and nothing. Not in the engine or the plugin. I tried through an Overhub, and directly into my laptop’s USB port (Macbook pro 2015 running Mojave 10.14.16). I’ve installed the latest versions of both OB and the AR firmware several times as well and it doesn’t make any difference.

Is there something I’m missing?

I was about to upgrade High sierra to Mojave, luckly I’ve read this forum before doing the upgrade.
No problem here with OB2 and High Sierra! AR MKI and DT works fine… Sometimes CPU increase and little dropouts happens, but it’s ok. I hope the official version will be release soon!!!

Hello, I have OB 2.0.19.3 on windows 10. When I use Analog Heat mkII as a soundcard to listen music with VLC, I hear a lot of distortion. The AH is no active (ON button light off). I miss something ?

I had the same problem with OB 2.0.19.3 (Macbook Pro 2018, 10.14.6), could only sometimes see my AR MK1 in Overbridge. I’m also using the Overhub, but also tried different USB-C Adapters. Now i downgraded the OS to 1.31 B and Overbridge 1.15 and it’s stable. Still waiting for the new OB version to try it out again though.

You lied!
Tuesday it’s gone and I see no damn Overbridge!

2 Likes

That is clearly why Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote that song…