Overbridge 2.0.19 Public Beta

Using a Digitakt. Does input monitoring on the Recording screen work for anyone when using the OB plugin? I’m able to record samples as expected but I can’t monitor them through the Digitakt first. Works normally without OB.

1 Like

Just tried overbridge 2 with windows 10 and got a blue screen!!! I didn’t get a blue screen in half a decade:) Anyway i didnt do anythign special. Updated Analog Keys (MK1) firmwar _> Installed Overbridge -> Restarted -> Opened Overbridge Pannel -> Opened Analog Keys Stand alone -> Bluescreen

I just tried with 2.0.17 and it works. So 2.0.19 is incompatible iwth my system

Allright after about jamming for 5 minutes in ableton 10 2.0.17 crashed ableton. _=)

I just uninstalled 2.0.19 as I think it’s been causing real instability on my system. Random lock ups, sound drops, OB2 sound stops working requiring a hard device reset. I believe this has been happening ever since 2.0.18 so I may try 2.0.17 once I prove my system is stable again.

MacOS 10.14.6 (18G95)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Logic 10.4.6
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen)

Digitone and Analog Heat Mkii both with latest firmware.

Edit: 2.0.19 has been removed from my system (not running any OB now) and the system has been rock solid. No locks, drops, etc. This has been bugging me for months but at least I have the culprit. Will try 2.0.17 tomorrow.

Odd that some people don’t have any issues and others are having a miserable time. Interface incompatibilities?

Had pretty much the same issue with the 2.0.19.
MacOS 10.14.6
Logic 10.4.6
Fucusrite Clarett 2pre
AR/A4/AH MKI latest firmware

Re-installed 2.0.17 and it worked fine.

After reinstalling 2.0.17 things are better from a system stability standpoint. It seems that audio dropouts and lockups are traded for audio glitches (when the CPU spikes while switching windows for instance, where before the entire OS may freeze).

Still, OB2 flakes out if I leave the system idle causing devices to disconnect. I had a session with the AH2 AU running. I walked away for a few mins and the plugin didn’t work anymore. I had to reset the device to get it going again.

FWIW my AH2 logs (in ~/Library/Logs/Elektron Overbridge) are littered with:

50919 09:50:20:855 P570 T20451 error SharedMemoryConnection.cpp:81    run: Timed out waiting for input from the server
150919 09:50:20:957 P570 T20451 error SharedMemoryConnection.cpp:81    run: Timed out waiting for input from the server
150919 09:50:21:058 P570 T20451 error SharedMemoryConnection.cpp:81    run: Timed out waiting for input from the server
150919 09:50:21:159 P570 T20451 error SharedMemoryConnection.cpp:81    run: Timed out waiting for input from the server

Thanks for reporting. This is fixed in the next version.

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting. This is fixed in the next version.

3 Likes

Which OS should I use with this version of Overbridge?

1.10 is not compatible and 1.11B3 won´t install?

Switch your Heat out of OB mode and try reinstalling. That’s the problem every single time with people trying to install the new Digitakt OS, so I’m guessing it’s the same.

“Analog Heat mkI/mkII running OS 1.11_BETA3”

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: OB ranting

Hi there!
I got issue: I can’t install overbridge 2.0.19 my system config is higher than minimal needed, I got connected my digitakt via OVerbridge mode
(PC/ Window 8)

Noticed this as well, I’m almost finding Overbridge to only be useful when using my Digitakt as a soundcard instead of as a VST in my DAW. The bonus to this is the ability to sample your computer’s output over USB.

1 Like

Unable to record MIDI notes to the Digitakt sequencer through the Overbridge Plugin in

Ableton Live 10.1.1
OS X

I was trying to use the Push 2 to enter notes on a step or Live Record notes on the 8 sampler tracks. The sound plays when I hit the Push pads but nothing records.

I have tried by sending on the Auto Channel as well as direct MIDI Channels. My setup is correct, a separate MIDI track pointed at the track with the Overbridge plugin so that I can choose the MIDI channel it’s sending from the drop down menu in Ableton live (I know all about the MIDI channel limitations in Live).

If I remove Overbridge and use the MIDI USB instead it works as expected.

1 Like

Yeah same, can’t record into the sequencers unless use midi USB and not the plugins.
And midi USB is not working properly for analog Rytm and analog four mk2 for me,
it just says overbridge 1 and doesn’t show destinations.

Contacted elektron about it they don’t even reply

1 Like

I have put a ticket in as well.
It’s indeed a bit of a limitation

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll submit a ticket as well since it’s not just me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found this too. I would love to be able to record the Midi notes generated by the internal keyboard (with it glorious scales and chord generator) from the Digitone into Ableton Live but Overbridge doesn’t allow it for some reason. Also, being able to record the Midi notes from a crazy fast Arpeggiator would be awesome!

Hey,

Quick but simple question. Will I be able to use the Beta with a Windows 7 computer ?

Thanks