Overbridge 2.0.19 Public Beta

can someone give me an explanation of what overbridge is/does? i dont have a computer so i cant test it out on my own. thanks!

1 Like

See here:

and download the manual given in the first post in this topic.

2 Likes

Still have a problem with my Rytm mk1. OS X 10.14.6(iMac i7 2013, rytm worked prefect up to over bridge 2.0.17) On the first time opening the VST plugin I can see and explore my sample directories on the Rytm, but once I close the plugin and then reopen it I can not view the file directory and can just see and use the list of 126 sample. Really sucks for my work flow and was hoping that whatever they changed in this version when they reverted back to the older driver I would get back this feature, but no dice:( I know I can preload samples I ā€œthinkā€ I may use the first time I open the VST but it really limits me(I also use all 8 outs so deleting the VST and dropping a new one every time I want to play around doesnā€™t really work either as I would have to re-add all the channels back). I know one other person noted something similar with 2.0.17. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix?

Windows Defender Warning!

grafik

Should be mentioned in your patchnotes.

1 Like

Am I the only one whoā€™s missing so much the auto channel feature?
With auto channel you could preview sound from +drive lib with arpeggiator just from daw midi, but not in ob environment.
Hope itā€™s clear

1 Like

Will you please fix the issue of the latency when i send midi to external devices with the digitakt while using Overbridge. The whole midi capabilities of the Dikitakt are useless if this doesnā€™t work

2 Likes

Hey Dave,

In my case Overbridge works perfect with the dikitakt on Windows 10. The problem is when i send a clock or midi out it is not in sync with the digitakt and my project. iā€™m searching everywhere for a solution but can find anythin.

Nice videos by the way.

It is, if you take the MIDI sync out of the Digitakt and the audio back into the Digitakt(it still might not be perfect). The Digitakt is what is latency compensated. In any other case like taking the audio back in to an audio interface you will need to find another workaround as then stuff that is compensated one way does not gets compensated the other way. An issue sure! ā€¦But not something that is solvable in an easy way as there are so many different options to route audio, sync and MIDI in a studio setup.

1 Like

As feared, it looks like itā€™s a step backwards for me.

I have an Ableton test project, which exercises my Rtym Mk1 and AK, plus my Virus Ti. This is the latest official (non-Beta) MacOS.

Was working fine before this update, but with the same set-up, AK now produces only digital screeches. If I remove the Rytm or Virus Ti from the system (i.e. donā€™t power one of them up), AK works OK.

Ollie the thing is this I use the digitakt to sync the beatstep pro and then I use the beatstep pro to sequence a vst instrument the midi clock is not delayed but for some reason it is played faster then the projects tempo. The same happens by the way also if I sequence via usb a midi instrument direct from the digitakt.

If there are any plans to support MOTU Digital Performer (a cross-platform, AU and VST capabale host), Iā€™ll happily test. Not a popular DAW but a great MIDI sequencer nonetheless.

1 Like

Send midi clock from your daw instead of sending it from the digitakt. The digitakt is compensated by overbridge but the latency coming from the beatstep is not. When you send clock from your daw to the BSP you can probably compensate the latency in the midi clock settings.

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™m new around here.

Iā€™ve just installed overbridge and Iā€™m pretty impressed.

So far my only problem is that whilst routing audio through the digitakt it sporadically but fairly consistently creates audible clicks. My initial though was that the midi clock drifts in and out slightly causing artifacts.

Is this a known bug or do I need to have a look at my system? Iā€™ve read that people a reporting ā€˜glitchesā€™. Am I right to assume this is what it they mean?

When sending clock from the daw to a device via usb is not working the clock is always jumping. To fix this i would need to get a device like expert sleepers Usamo which is also a pain in the ass to setup everytime. Plus this doesnā€™t solve the fact if i want to use the digitakt as a sequencer for vst instruments while using overbridge. I donā€™t get it why it canā€™t i mean digitakt syncs with daw but the clock that the digitakt sends is not in sync and as it seems i canā€™t find anybody with the same issue that found the solution.

The clock Digitakt is sending is probably in sync when sending it to the BSP but then the problems start. When you send midi from the BSP or Digitakt back to your VSTā€™s your computer canā€™t compensate the latency that occurs while producing sounds from the VSTā€™s. You could solve this by eliminating Overbridge (or only use it as an editor) and using the Digitakt as master so your computer will just be a VST host. Tho you may still run into trouble with individual tracks / VST timing, especially if you run audio coming out of your Digitakt through your computerā€¦

1 Like

Here is something interesting: On Macos 10.14.6 The Roland Cloud Manager crashes and stops working when I install Overbridge!

I can recreate this issue every time. Uninstalling Overbridge and the Roland Cloud Manager works again! And it shows the same problem on 2 Macs

It did the same with the 2.0.17. At this time I thought it was a Roland issue. At some point I wondered what I did on two Macs that RCM suddenly stopped working and then remembered the only thing I did was install Overbridge and sure enough this is the issue.

Maybe someone from Elektron can contact Roland regarding this. As I have a ticket open with them I will also let them know.

Im sticking to last beta until final release comes out. It works fine on windows 10 and studio one pro. for now for my use (hardware for jamming, daw for recording and mixing) Studio one sends clock to digitakt. Digitakt is connected to BS pro with dinsyc on midi output 2. Only annoying thing for me is that you have to nudge the recorded audio from the digitakt and the multichannel recording coming from audio interface and ADAT and the re routing of the OB multichannels to record. 18 faders just for 9 channels is a bit overwhelming imo, and the doubling of monitored audio is causing phasing. Perhaps im doing things wrong, please advice if someone has better routing

1 Like

From what I know normally when I have latency issues the clock should be delayed not faster that is what is confusing me plus I use buffer size of 64 samples which should have a latency of less than 2 ms in theory.

The manual says itā€™s a 2 in 2 out interface. I have only been able to route one stereo signal at time through the heat mk2. Am I missing something?

these are the 4in/4out channels

5 Likes