Overbridge 2.0.19 Public Beta

Is there a release note for 19.3? curious to see what chaged

That depends from how many devices you have connected to USB. I have the same issue because I have the digitone connected to a powered usb3.0 hub; but since when I moved it to a standard usb hub (4 ports) on a different port on my computer, it works all the time and get recognized all the time

The issue is I have perfect clock sync going out from my Motu Ultralite, Iā€™ve fine tuned everything so that all my gear is in syncā€¦ when using the closed beta of overbridge itā€™s all good cos I can just use Overbridge for the interface and modulating.

The problem started when I installed the public beta of overbridge, they introduced this latency compensation thing that runs the moment you open overbridge and it throws my whole set up out of sync, even if I then go in an turn the clock sync off in overbridge Iā€™m still out of sync. So this new feature is a nuissance for me, it would mean having to start fine tuning midi sync delay in ableton everytime the overbrige vst loads. Iā€™ve questioned Elektron about it but not got any response, Iā€™m surpised nobody else has this issue.

1 Like

I donā€™t know where to find a changelog, but the biggest thing, at least for me, was the fix that I donā€™t get crashes anymore when opening Studio One. And Total Recall works finally for me!

I am on Win 10 and have a Digitone. When I open Overbridge (standalone) it selects the Windows audio driver and tells me it does not like the 444 sample rate.
When I select the ASIO driver option, so that it can use my RME Babyface, Overbridge just freezes.

I now have a very noticeable latency using 2.0.19.3. A thing I didnā€™t have before.

Windows 10, Live 9.7.7

Edit : It looks like when you load the new Elektron plugins in a project made with the previous versions of those plugins, it introduces a latency to the project. But if you start a new project with the new plugins, there is no noticeable latency.

Mojave.

Me too, canā€™t download the updates!

Thatā€™s a separate issue rather than installing the updates and one component not loading on boot.

Youā€™re trying the link in this thread? What OS? What happens? Have you tried another browser, if Windows-based PC?

I clicked both links and they are valid, my (iOS based as Iā€™m on the train at the moment) device asks me if I want to download the files.

Hey, Iā€™m using Analog RYTM 2 and Digitone, both with Overbridge on my PC. I am impressed. It has come a long way now. Iā€™m using with UAD Apollo Twin USB. I can control the devices quite well as standalones on my UAD audio inputs as stereo input into to DAW. Working great with Cubase 10. Seems to be an issue when unticking Analog RYTM 2 in clock destinations. I have to first close the DAW then turn the device off before opening the project up again. If I donā€™t do that Cubase will freeze and not close without task manager ā€œend taskā€ option. Analog RYTM 2 does that whether running in Overbridge or USB mode. Is that a Cubase issue or Elektron?

Great for tracking in Cubase. Well done, Elektron; very useful software to compliment the devices. I hope you keep building it up. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

The release notes say any version of ā€˜Overbridge 1.15 or earlierā€™ must be uninstalled first. But Iā€™m trying to upgrade a recent version and the installer tells me to uninstall everything first. Then a restart is necessary. Is there a way to make this process less disruptive in future?

2 Likes

Anyone know whatā€™s in the 2.0.19.3 Release? the change log for this is the same as the last one.

1 Like

iirc wasnā€™t there a specific quick bug fix only for certain user configurations, so it wasnā€™t a release version with feature additions or general bug fixes

1 Like

2.0.17 and 2.0.19 work terrible for me compared to previous versions in Ableton Live 10.1 with Digitone. (AU and Macos 10.14.6) Constant hanging notes even when using a single part.

Iā€™m working on Windows 10 and Ableton Live 9.7.7. Iā€™m using 5 Elektron devices with Overbridge (Rytm mk2, A4 mk2, AH mk2, Digitakt and Digitone) on Elektron Overhub. Everything is stable execpt for the AH. When using the knobs intensively, itā€™s freezing. Anyone else?

Update : Iā€™ve installed the new OS 1.20 on the AH and the new version of OB 2.0.21. Same results : Analog Heat is freezing when using the knobs intensively.

Can you test it plugged directly in? No hub?

New release 2.0.21:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-21-public-beta/

2 Likes