Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

On Win 10 Professional: When I have the latest non-beta OS installed on Digitakt, Overbridge 2 Beta recognizes the digitakt but shows its OS as too old and won’t work. However, when I update the Digitakt OS to the beta version, Overbridge fails to see/recognize the connected Digitakt at all! So - I cannot use Overbridge, the Transfer Utility or the VST Plugin. Help - what can I do?

This may have been answered prior but is over bridge capable of doing sample management on the digitakt? Like creating and naming folders and moving samples into them?

2 Likes

This is probably correct. I am a Cubase user currently on v10. MIDI tempo has always had a little drift as along as I can remember. I think all DAWs have a little but drift.

No. Which is dumb.

They do. I just make sure i dont leave it on the tempo screen. :wink:

And if it DOES srift ever so slightly and affects the tempo it could be thought of as a ‘humanizing’ affect. :slight_smile:

Okey, OB control panel told me that i needed an update so i did. after it didn’t see the AR or a4 so i uninstalled ob and reinstalled, and updated the AR to 1.46b1. control panel is 2.0.11.2 beta.
please just remind me what i missed because i were suppose to get something done now that i have both time and lust! im on macos

edit; posted by accident.
edit 2; i opened system prefs, security and clicked allow. just like it says on the ob control panel. :sweat: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s working decently well with my AR Mk1 and AK.

…apart from the fact that trying to use Total Recall results in the machine spinning its progress bar forever, and the plugin never finishes syncing.

Anyone run into something like this?

Remove all other MIDI cords connected to the Digitakt. And use C6 app?

Any word of the availability of VST for Digitone? It has been a bit.

3 Likes

New to OB and the AR2. I installed OB 2.0.11 on Win10. Ran the OB Control Panel. But the window is blacked out. Then I run the Rytm app and that window is blacked out too. Is it a setting not correct? Or perhaps OB wasn’t installed correctly?

Your graphics card has old or no drivers installed or it doesn’t support OpenGL 3.2(or newer).

1 Like

Yep, this does the trick with my A4 MK1 as well.

Working solidly with Live 9.7.7 / Sierra / Late 2012 i5 quad iMac.

I love OB for performance assignments.

1 Like

Had the same. Enable…fixed!

1 Like

Everything works fine except for the total recall. when I load the project again in ableton some of the parameters are not as I saved them. Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks

So, I still have my Analog Rytm Mk 2 wired up to go through my mixer via analog TRS cables, and I got Overbridge working just fine, but man does it sound like crap through USB. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong (i’m a full blown professional film composer with a very complex studio so I’m pretty sure I got it right) but the audio that’s coming into logic via the Overbridge inputs, sounds thin, slightly distorted, and well, very cheap. But if I monitor my TRS outputs, it’s sounds fantastic. Has anyone else had low audio quality issues when using the USB audio from Analog Rytm Mk 2?

I’m in the same boat, its driving me mad!

Has there been any update on when the Digitone plugin is coming??

7 Likes

Overbridge, is a nice idea, but it doesn’t work well at all. I think all the hype behind it is a waste of time. Just like anything else, it’s better to use a drum machine with proper TRS outputs, run it into a nice preamp, maybe some FX and track the thing like any other instrument. USB audio sounds rad on my Orion converters, but on this device, it’s insanely bad. You guys should just forget this nonsense, and make drum machines.

1 Like

Your a beta tester and there’s issues with your setup, if it worked great it wouldn’t be in beta. OB1 sounds fine over usb. Give it time.
Don’t be mad at me, I’m your friend, just saying though… If you haven’t you should go here:

1 Like

This would really be useful. Also what I really miss is dragging samples from Ableton directly in the Overbridge Window. THAT would be it :wink:

In this state it´s just a virtual controller for a real Instrument. And it really really uses a hefty bit of CPU here, which makes it unattractive.

1 Like