Overbridge 1.15.0 for Windows Black screen

Hi there,

I got a big issue with my Analog Rytm and Four. Both of the machines work but when I am trying to use Overbridge software on Ableton 9.5 then the black screen appears. Ableton recognizes both machine, you can still record sounds and so on but the control panel never appeared. Both machines have got latest updates. I also tried to update video drivers but system says I got newest one ( Intel® hd graphics 3000, windows 10). Just don’t have any other ideas what to do. Obviously all the system requirements are fullfilled. Anyone can help? Thanks!

If both machines have the latest updates/firmware they do not have overbridge functionality.

Oh that is something new. Why is that? Shall I try to instal the old versions or just wait until they fix it?

yes after downgrade it works normal

Install the latest version that supports Overbridge 1.15

In preparation for ob2 all the boxes received firmware updates but these updates broke ob1 functionality for the older boxes.

stuff created with the newest firmware might not work after downgrade.

I have the same issue. Only black with the plugins, exept heat that shows the graphics for a few seconds and then crashed ableton. I have the firmware that works with overbridge, so not the latest.

Wondering if this is a driver error. My older laptop was ok with the plugins. Same windows 10, same ableton 10. Older laptop uses basic high definition audio drivers, the new one Conexant drivers.

I have the same issue for my Four MK1 and RYTM MK1 - just tried beta: Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.11.2_Beta
after upgrading the firmware and the issue is still there. If I move my mouse around the black screen, I can right click in places and get a pop up menu. So, seems to be a problem rendering the screen within Ableton.

the same problem

Hi,
I also had the black screen issue when trying to open the vst in ableton, despite the standalone version working ok. I also have an older machine with Intel hd graphics 3000.

The drivers for those integrated graphics are no longer updated, and don’t work with newer open graphics libraries, which it seems ableton requires when displaying the overbridge vst.

This compatibility fix worked for me on my windows 10 machine:

Cheers,
Gerry

1 Like

Thanks! This worked for me but it took me a few tries to figure out I was supposed to create the file for the Ableton.exe I was trying to create the fix for the actual digitakt.exe and that was not working.

Hey everybody. My intel UHD 620 also fails to draw the interface on the latest driver and version of overbridge. I couldn’t find a fix for it beside switching to the dedicated gpu. to do so you may do it in system/display and under multiple displays go for advanced graphic settings.