Over bridge works/doesn't work on my____computer

No big problem on my macbook pro 2008 ( Mavericks , SSD , 8 Gb ) and Live 9

I worked out I was looking for Overbridge and or Elektron. Didnt think to look for Analog 4!

Had a quickk go on it. Its nice but was a bit glitchy. Hasnt really added anything I cant do a bit quicker on the A4 direct but will be interesting to see how it progresses.

CRAP

Macbook 10.6.8 ā€¦ Not supported.

Load of rubbish ā€¦ Worth the wait wasnā€™t it :rage: :-1:

Same here.

Why would you stay on that OS? Is there no upgrade path for MacBooks of a certain age?

some macs wont go beyond 10.6.8, but i personally see no reason why to stay there voluntarily. 10.9 is every bit as stable, with the added bonus of actually being supported.

Because it works well and does everything I need it to do (until now with OB)? Why spend money on new osā€™ when you donā€™t need to?

Not working here yet unfortunatelyā€¦

Iā€™ve raised a ticket with Elektron. So far I havenā€™t seen anyone else with this problem.

Basically my A4 wonā€™t show up in the Control Panel. Everything is installed and Overbridge mode is on.

Iā€™ve tried to use the OB Un-installer so I can do a fresh install of the software but this just crashes. Iā€™ve tried re-booting and running the installer package again but nothing works so Iā€™ve hit a bit of a wall.

MacBook Pro 2,2 (the one before the Uni-body versions so pretty old)
OS 10.7.5

their could be good reasons for staying with Snow Leo ā€¦ older software for example. But when you are using the mac for mostly or only audio ā€¦ OSX Mountain Lion and Mavericks work fine with Ableton and Logic on a MacBookPro8,1 ā€¦ or install a second partition for music software ā€¦ itĀ“s the way I did it and IĀ“m happy with that.

Mac mini i7 (late 2012), works fine with Bitwig.
Although if you listen carefully youā€™ll hear some crackle like it is a vinyl playing. Which adds to the analog character :slight_smile:
Iā€™m not using aggregate device, just the vst to handle the audio. Pretty cool!

Dude you found the Easter Egg- the Vinyl FX!!!

good one

thats called ā€œdropoutsā€ and its not really ā€œcoolā€ at all, but whatever floats your boat

worked fine on my 2011 macbook. Although the preferences in Ableton are pretty buggy.

If you are on a Mac be sure to makes sure you have VST plugins enabled in your Live preferences. Initially, I had mine hidden because I am just using AU versions of my plugins.

Bandersong, howā€™d you find that fix? Tore my hair out last night until I stumbled on your post today. Much appreciated! Iā€™m finally about to see OB VSTs in Ableton now. Worked for Win7 Pro 64bit

hi Nedavineā€¦ long time no see you here in the forum, hope u r well! ā€¦ cheers bro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Working really nicely on OS10.9. fairly new macbook and ableton. running all 4 channelsā€¦just needs a preset browser.

thats called ā€œdropoutsā€ and its not really ā€œcoolā€ at all, but whatever floats your boat[/quote]
Haha yes of course, but it doesnā€™t sound as harsh as dropouts from my audio interface.
@Zymos lol :slight_smile:

Works nice here too,
i am on a win7 64 bit, Ableton 64 bit and used the 64 bit plug-in A4!