OTTO - open-source platform inspired by OP-1

looks very interesting, hope it takes off

8 Likes

It’s DIY open source!
“If you want an OTTO, you’re going to get your hands dirty, if not with the code, at least with the hardware.”

Looks more like a clone to me but with it’s own engines, the tape screen is almost exactly the same as Op1! Maybe they could make an 8track of it?
Would love to have this machine for testing or making presets :smiley:

1 Like

Very interesting!

1 Like

Looks interesting and may fit the needs of people who wanted an OP-1 but are not prepared to pay the new price, the DIY nature of it might be a barrier at first, but eventually you’ll probably see individuals offering pre-built ones for sale.

Cool!

1 Like

A bit cheaper if I may hazard a guess?

1 Like

since it’s DIY it really depends how much you value your time, and what skills you have to make it happen the way you want it to :thinking:

1 Like

Of course you are right.
Solder just sounds like shoulder to me so it’s way out of my wheelhouse, but then again TE are ever so slightly pushing the limit with the recent price-hike (without getting into the nitty-gritty) and this can only be viewed as a positive if not viable alternative.
I love/d the OP for years but recent moves from TE leave me cold and I’m not so sure this is a company I would want to be a Champion for.

1 Like

The interesting part is that its open and diy sou you could theoretically make it the way you like it. Maybe a 8 track stereo tape, or normal jacks for ins and outs etc.

3 Likes

Latest information on progress with OTTO

We’re currently working on a beta version, which will be released in a limited run in spring 2021.

The devs are asking for beta testers too.

3 Likes

They didn’t make it and decided to quit the project :frowning:

(it’s on their patreon)