OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

Anyone have new thoughts on BIM?

I´ve got the BIM for quite some time now. New thoughts ? Not really. Compared to other delays in that price range it´s rather limited, but it gives me everything what i expected. Some people complained that it´s UI is complicated to use. I never understood that, because i always felt the opposit. even without using presets i can dial in in the sound i like in no time.
I´d call it a solid work horse and i like it´s sound.

5 Likes

same here. plus im not sure if i like the distorition models. i had the analog heat before but i want something more lo-fi. but the boum … i dont know … my moog MF Drive pedal sounds much nicer more musical… especially on drums. maybe analog heat + a compressor would be the better choice.

I just pulled the trigger :slight_smile: thanks!

Thanks for the GAS everyone! I am already broke as is.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: OTO Biscuit

Already posted on gearslutz but im posting this here too because im trying to
determine if my unit is buggy or if im doing something wrong or maybe the Bim is not just for me.

have been using the BIM as a chorus for some days.
I noticed that i had some digital artifact and i though that was my audio interface. After trying to find the cause of the digital noise i found out that it was the BIM when using audio source with high frequency content.

In THRU mode level meter at 5 100% wet with everything else at min (no clipping).
First example using the Analog 4 from Elektron

Second example using the OB6

Im using Thru mode in those examples to demonstrate what is happening.
I wanted to use the Bim has a chorus and vibrato effect too , not just a lo fi delay.

Did i get the wrong tool or this is a bug ?

What is delay tipe you are using? (Cant play audio right now)
It is 12bit delay unit thou, so i gues going 100% wet cant be as clean as 16 or 24 bit delay units.

Just the converter im using the Thru type … so no delay.

But the same thing happen when using any delay types.

So the examples are 100% dry? Mix knob all the way left?

yep

I think your unit is buggy. Never had this with mine :confused:

1 Like

Did you contact Denis from Oto machines ?

Yes , responded to me for more info but nothing yet. I think he is a busy man :slight_smile:
I absolutely love this delay (also have a BAM) but that digital noise is a deal breaker for me.

Sure these noises are clearly inacceptable not but it is definitely a faulty unit.

Yes, Denis is always over busy. It is the only complain we could have about Oto machines. Be patient, it is worth it :slight_smile:

Yes, that is not normal. I have just heard that files. Sounds like converter clock issue or something.
As stated, Denis is bussy, but as soon as he find sime time, he will be back to you and help you , dont worry :+1:

1 Like

Ok thanks . Yhea i know he is a good guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

These should have been called Bish Bash Bosh.

They were, but in French :wink:

2 Likes