Oto Machines BIM and BAM midi CC troubles

Hmmmmm i hope there is a solution to this. I’m going to be programming the ccs of my oto boxes this year. Bit bummed out if they can’t be!

Yep me too its the reason why i’ve bought it in the first place.
The BIM sounds great but TBH it is a little bit buggy and forum is dead.

1 Like

I found problems with programme change and midi cc. I emailed them about it. I got this from them . . .
Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late answer.
I will work this week on a new firmware revision for BIM.
I’ll check the program change problem and let you know.

All the best,

Denis Cazajeux
OTO Machines

That was months ago sadly.
:thinking:

Just a note, they are like two (more or less) people working at Oto Machines. A microscopic company. Denis was kind to send me the 1.4b revision for Bam. It is supposed to help with CC and Prgrm Changes.
If anyone wants it I’ll upload the sysex tomorrow!

1 Like

Yes please :+1:

Please do

BAM_rev_1.4b.syx (105.0 KB)

3 Likes

Not about midi CC but does anyone can tell me if this behavior is normal ?

Using short delay and a sound with high frequency content i get lots of digital artifact. So using BIM has a chorus , vibrato of flanger is problematic because of that.

hm, dont know about this sorry!

I tried to upgrade my BIM following their pdf instructions after the update the BIM will not go on. Any advice?

My SN is over 300

no idea, sorry :frowning:

Hi,

You should contact Denis from Oto Machines : support@otomachines.com

1 Like

Yes I just talked with him this morning. The issue might be my midi interface (alesis strike multipad) not sending the Sysex correctly. He recommended I use the m audio uno and try again. My uno is arriving tomorrow. As a 12 bit connaisseur i really like the BIM sound dampening effect it does to the samples. This issue should be settled soon I will let everyone in the thread know.

2 Likes

Have you tried pressing active? I seem to remember thinking mine wouldn’t power up after upgrading to 1.3, but after I cycled the power and hit active it came on.

:+1:

Unrelated to the current problem but since OTO’s forum is a bit quiet i might as well through this out there-

In the middle of rewiring my studio so i can’t confirm specifics but i recall one of the devices (probably the BAM) not responding visibly to MIDI clock the same way the other device blinked along. Is that expected? I chalked it up as probably being due to a ‘verb not needing to line up with clock the same way a delay would, but there’s pre-delay and if there’s still tap tempo I’d expect the behavior to be the same.

It could also be that it’s somehow being filtered out along the way, of course. Just wondering if both of yours blink in time when they receive clock. More recent firmware for both boxes.

Thanks!

Issue is resolved. Denis gave me another version of the Syx file and the upgrade went through. I looked at the two files on the website and the version he gave and they seem identical. I wonder if the version on the page just might not be compatible with my model. Oh well if you can’t upgrade your BIM with 1.3 contact Denis through support. This Thru mode sounds amazing. If you are gonna drive the signal make sure your source is about -20DBFs then drive it on the BIM to have the headroom. Also if you want the texture of the drive but want it to be subtle drop the mix knob to 70-80%.

2 Likes

Ah that’s great! :slight_smile: I haven’t tried the thru mode yet, as i do saturation on the AH, but now I’m getting curious! :smiley:

PS. Glad you solved the issue! Denis helped me as well, he’s a super nice guy.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think my delay or reverb unit is sync’d visually tbh. But I’m unsure if even my elektron boxes do that?

The light should blink at the same interval, but not necessarily at the same time, I believe?

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM