OTO Biscuit

Omg I want this magical lo-fi DAC/ADC thingy being described

2 Likes

Looks like a DAC emu thing. hooo! Really exited :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Slightly off topic, but has anyone used the Softtube version of the Biscuit?

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=oto_biscuit

For something that’s not available anymore, and in combo with OB, this could be a nice compromise if it lives up to it…

Keeping a close eye on this for sure

Yes - it’s excellent. I had a Biscuit a while ago, and this is an excellent replacement.

2 Likes

Talking about the biscuit. I bought the plug-in version but I’m not getting the same results as I saw fx in that Ricky Tinez video on Oto biscuit.

Anyone know if there’s a difference between the plug-in and hardware version?

I don’t think it’s for filter sequencer and maybe a few other modes. It’s got the main things though.

1 Like

I don’t want to diss the biscuit, it’s a wonderful machine. But i want to share why i sold mine. I think sometimes it’s good to get a different perspective when you lust after rare, expensive devices.

4 Likes

I’ve sold the Biscuit (twice actually) and share the sentiment. It’s one of those things that I’d like to some day maybe own again but not at the current prices. I think I’ll probably get an Ottobit Jr. instead. It’s not the same, but it’ll fill the hole and fit well with my Hedra and Mercury 7.

3 Likes

No updates on the new OTO machine ? I’ve been checking out the Syntax error pedal lately to get a bit of this vibe . Anyone used one ? I like the demos I’ve heard

I liked my biscuit but.
I didnt use it on everything.
The 2nd hand price went high and the money was handy
I can use iOS apps to get a similar sound to process samples if I need to. ( maybe not as good but quite similar )
When I did use it I was a little nervous to not scratch it ( mine was immaculate). … it was like a rare gem that I didn’t want to damage.

Certainly a very nice device like all other oto machines stuff. I’d buy them all if I could.

2 Likes

Have you tried bit maestro on ios?

The guy who made it said he based it on the biscuit. I really liked it, never owned a biscuit though so cant compare

2 Likes

Yup.
It’s quite similar , it doesn’t do everything but it scratches that itch for bit crushing and it’s convenient to add reverbs / delay etc in aum / iOS host.
And under %1 of 2nd hand price.

1 Like

Definitely true. I find myself wanting a lot of gear that, while amazing sonically, did not make me a better songwriter! It’s crazy i know.

1 Like

I have been lusting for this for years.
Totally missed Dec 2015 last batch, but I’ve been tracking it on the internet since.

I didn’t want to pay above 650€, so I let it pass a few times, got an Analog Heat and somehow abandoned the idea, although GAS would still be on for this.

Nowadays, after years of total absence, I see a lot of second hand units for sale… Any idea what is going on?
Maybe COVID hot musicians and they sell what they can… :thinking:
Or did I miss some announcement?

I have no interest getting rid of my biscuit , i am probably going to keep the old and also have the new , i just think its going to have an emulation of it on board , not for it to replace it

I guess if you compare the price of a Biscuit to a OTmk1 it looks a bit over priced, you can do a lot of what Biscuit does - filter, lofi, delay on OT, albeit not exactly the same, but also much more besides, and if you really wanted to could have 2 stereo sources being processed simultaneously and independently each with upto 8 fx, plus scenes, sequencer etc etc.

2 Likes

I might use Biscuit the least out of my Oto boxes these days, but it would be the last one I’d get rid of.

the OTO Biscuit sounds really good, you cannot compare it with the OT for several reasons.

the first one is the Biscuit has true analog multimode filter and the input stage can go to 0 to +15db in diode clipping.

OT is digital.

Sure, that is why I said not exactly the same :wink:

2 Likes