Other than Analog Heat, what are some effects hardware that add warmth, fatness, etc?

Agreed, Deco is pretty versatile, but I kept my Heat and sold the Deco. Only occasionally miss a few features.

No, no… i have AH mk2 and i really love it! Like with any other Elektron device, you need to invest time into it, you need to push yourself and the machine to the point of breaking and beyond, to dive in its depths with open perspicacity and youll be rewarded generously! :mage:
:slight_smile:

I cant imagine Boum being better than AH! …at least not for what ive been using it for; i use its modulation capabilities a lot! But i like AH distortion efx very much too!
AH changes everytime i use it; itz a shape-shifting machine! :wink:

2 Likes

I have one driven hard to crunch my MD.

2 Likes

right on, well thank you for the reply! i see myself using it for master bus/ DAW interface

1 Like

Vermona Filter Lancet, amazing sound and very nice features, only gripe is that it’s mono:(

Burl B2 ADC …you can use the attenuators for transformer crunch.

Rodec / Sherman restyler…you can use output gain to drive it. It’s got an SSL 9000 clean drive. If you don’t use any of the filter routings you can just drive your tracks.

SSL sigma you can use the superanalogue tech to add weight to each stem or master you are processing.

1 Like

Rodec/Sherman Restyler add warmth and so much more :star_struck:

4 Likes

LFO -> OSC pitch/detune/slop/:teddy_bear:

3 Likes

I know you can program midi to analog heat for changes in the ah. Can you do do the same in boum?

Been tossing up between the RNLA and Boum for this purpose. Sorta different approaches to the same question.

1 Like

Sure :wink:

RNLA is gooey but still subtle, not like the kind of saturation/distortion you get from something like Boum.

1 Like

The Erica Synths Acidbox III fits my need for warmth and fatness just perfectly. It keeps everything at a steady level and it has a lovely character!

3 Likes

I wonder how the Vermona Action Filter would compare, considering its stereo.

I loved the Machinedrum through the Torcido.

Saw this the other day but slimming down on gear so it stayed on the shelf…

Waves have made a plug-in emulation of this.

1 Like

https://www.hairballaudio.com/catalog/parts-store/discrete-op-amps/diy-990-op-amp-kit ?

Looks great. Awesome promo vid too :smile:

4 Likes

Electro-Harmonix Platform

3 Likes

The older Alesis Midiverb and Quadraverb boxes are fun. A small amount of wet adds character, the effect does not have to be drastic.

I just bought an early 60’s tube-based Sony R2R, pretty sure recording to 7.5 IPS and then back into the interface through the Sony amp is going to add something something nonlinearity, not sure if I’ll like the sound yet but it was very cheap!!! And very stylish as well. I guess it’s not the most inexpensive way to work but neither is shooting large format sheet film, and I have a great time with that so… I can’t wait!

1 Like