Other kit the same size as mk1 black boxes

The size of OT, RYTM & A4 is approx W 340 x D 180 x H 60mm.
A thread for those wanting/needing an OCD arrangement on their desk of matching size boxes i.e. me :slight_smile:

I’ll start - Abstract Avalon at W 346 x D 172 x H 65mm

4 Likes

Faderfox MX12 and PC12 are designed to be the same dimensions.

7 Likes

I suppose I could just get a monomachine… it would need to be a black faceplate thought, for previously mentioned reasons of OCD :slight_smile:

For the sake of getting this thread going, because it’s just a great angle to discussing gear again: I’ll add the Digis. Two out of three will add perfect symmetry, either DT, DN, or Heat.

1 Like

Digitone plus heat is a source of temptation for sure!

1 Like

And - to have something to discuss - maybe a second tier category of gear that’s not really close enough in size, OCD-wise, but that fits practically scale-wise? As in: Smaller then A4/Rytm Mk2s, they’re just another size, and bigger the the Volcas (they’re just too small). Am I messing up your OCD system?

1 Like

The Xenophone HyperSynth is very close, and no bigger.
Dimensions: 12.9" L x 6.5" W x 1.9" H (32.8 cm x 16.7 cm x 5 cm)

2 Likes

I actually have OT, Tetra, Rytm in row 1 and Avalon, VolcaFM and a blank in row 2 on the desk, the middle section has 3x smaller synths in between the Elektrons (a Micromonsta is in the post to fit above the volca). So OCD intact for the moment!

4 Likes

Nice, black too which is also a requirement :rofl:

For me the AS-1 always feels like a good fit between the Mk1 sized gear. It’s W 267 x D 177 x H 68 mm

2 Likes

MPC500 as well

via @sezare56

4 Likes

Ah - already have a 2500 :slight_smile:

Bass Bot v2 which you can get in black has almost OT’s footprint (it’s a little smaller).

Shruthi XT has the same length and height but shallower depth. XT is also available in black.

Mutable Ambika in metal enclosure: pretty close (but with slight tilt)

2 Likes

@DonovanDwyer nice, don’t see too many of those around!
@Schnork that’s interesting, I thought the BB v2 would be much smaller actually. Funny enough I used to have a Shruti XT which I bought and then sold before I had a clue what I was doing (some may say I still don’t).

In the interests of adding to the list there is the obvious Oktakontrol too

1 Like

Got my measuring tape and it is indeed a little smaller.

Bass Bot v2 is 30,5 cm x 12,5 cm x 3 cm / 12" x 4,9" x 1,1" (without knobs).

OT is 34 x 18 cm x 4,5 cm / 13,3" x 7" x 1,7" (without knobs).

1 Like

Close enough! Any extra centimetres can always be padded out with an esoteric stomp box eh :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I believe there are a few black face plates on Reverb, shipping from Australia. I have one on the way!

The Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 is about the same size as the OT.

OT is underneath the LM

MFB Tanzbär MK1 and Dreadbox Erebus MK3 might fit the bill here…