OT Uwanted random mutes on flex

Hallo, Im making track 8 send master effect with cue but I have random mutes on previewed track.

Example of chain:

rec setup - T8 src3 = CUE
Trig = ONE
R len = 16
Loop - ONE
Rec trig - +1/384

others - Cue cfg - studio
track 8 - normal

Sound of previewed track is totaly unstable and random muting. What Im doing wrong and what I should to do to be stable?

Thank You for help

Anything connected via Midi in? Any LFOs at play?

1 Like

Ableton sending midi clock but this problem occur even with internal midi clock. No lfo’s

I saw that if Im sending effects I have big latency is it normal?

Does it happen with nothing physically connected via Midi, too?

1 Like

I checked again and when I unplugged midi cables and set internal midi clock this problem disappear.
So what I should to do now because I have motu midi interface, focusrite audio. Project in ableton is only audio track from octatrack.

And I have latency betwen recorded track more than 1 sec is it normal?

Then something sends CCs or notes which triggers that behaviour. For example: the OT response to a MIDI note F#4 (66) by muting the active track.

There are also a bunch of CCs which can trigger mute-like behaviour (either mute or solo or track volume 0 or CUE track on/off etc.pp.).

Just make sure that nothing sends other MIDI data than clock/sync to the OT or disable receiving MIDI on the OT itself.

2 Likes

Ok, but is not typical mute is something like: on restart bar is not synced like is not perfect in tempo and sometimes recorded track are mising. I don t have any other cc only clock from ableton on empty project.

I solved the problem. I made rec trig +1/384 but it was wrong.
Rec trig should be without micro timing, the trig of flex audio track should have +1/384.

2 Likes

Btw you can use - 1/384 microtiming for rec trigs. Hence 0 microtiming for regular trigs.

For regular trigs, I also use swing trigs, all selected, swing = 51. Useful if you use many rec trigs you want to change. I often use a rec trig each 2 steps.

Ok, but when I had micro timing on rec trig I had problems with unstable sound.

With +1, not with -1. :wink:

I believe that when you have a rec trig on beat 1 with microtiming at -1/384 the recording will be triggered at the end of the pattern cycle. Source of WTF moments :wink: