OT Science Lab - 1 year study - 11 - More Cowbell :cb:

Good track, and it’s great to hear folk are still working on these. Regarding your track I don’t have much to offer and advise on as I think you’ve done a real nice job. The beat was nice and laid-back and the sort of sample-and-help synth was really nice. The “guitar” sounds weren’t quite to my taste but I definitely appreciate the effort you must’ve put in to get them.

For myself, I’ve been slogging away with this challenge for about 6 weeks now off and on… and I think perhaps my ambitions for where I want to get to with the song are perhaps unachievable. But I definitely echo your sentiments about how it’s been a great challenge to learn and push yourself with.

That said, I may need to abandon ship on this one… we’ll see.

1 Like

It’s a one year project, isn’t it? My procrastination has fully kicked in. With that long schedule I expect no results from me before 2020 … :smiley:

5 Likes

Good stuff. I really like the 2nd part wah guitar, maybe too dry…

I know what you are talking about :slight_smile: But it helped me to look at this as a lab experiment - do some stuf and see where it gets you. I’m hoping to return to this challenge later this year.

1 Like

Thanks. And I agree that it feels a bit dry. I couldn’t really solve that at this point.

The following would have made a great and funny base cowbell sample for this challenge:

An instant classic … :slight_smile: :smiley: :smile:

Thanx to @cuckoomusic for don’t cutting it out from his video!

2 Likes

Haha, yeah it was too funny to cut out :rofl:

2 Likes

@cuckoomusic could you participate to this challenge? Even 1 of all that @darenager proposed would be great. :slight_smile:

As it’s no longer 2019 I figure I might as well stick this up here. I’m quite happy with the sounds but never got a progression I was happy with. I can’t be bothered revisiting it again really.

Actually, there was so long between starting and finishing this track I guess I forgot about the rules on this one because I think I can hear a flanger at one point, but I’m quite sure this is the only transgression.

4 Likes