OT noob questions

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I’m completely new to the octatrack and I have just picked up a mk2 a couple of days ago. I thought I’d start my own thread as I think I’m going to have a few basic Q’s and don’t want to clog up the forum.

Trying to get my head around the device which is completely alien to me, my only experience with elektron is the MD which I have used fairly extensively for the last 10 years or so.

The first thing I have done on the OT is make a basic loop, now what I want to do is work out how to use transitions as explained in Tarekith’s video here https://youtu.be/f1D_UurOook

I’ve followed it step by step many times but it seems as if it not recording the loop and when I fade to B there is no sound.

Are there any difference’s between the set up on the Mk1 vs the Mk2?

I think I could be falling down where I need to set up the trig on the recording track? Possibly.
When I press play I don’t get the two downwards pointing arrows on the recording track, I get just one.

Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of potential issues when doing the trick, to not clog up you better check the existing threads using the search function. Nevertheless if you might describe step by step what you are doing we are possibly able to help you pretty fast :slight_smile: welcome in the community

Thanks. I guess I need to learn to walk before I run.

I’m going to watch some cuckoo tutorials and come back to it.

Same functions for MKI and MKII. Different button combinations only. A chart with differences would be interesting.

MKI tutorials work with MKII.

Hi,
I’m a pretty recent Octatrack-er.

I took a while to work out the transition thing myself.

I made a quick video to try and help you out.

Please bear in mind . . . I’m no Spielberg!

How this helps.

Feel free to query anything in the video . . .

Good luck,
Adam