OT MKII or DT?

Why are you doing this to me? Must resist OT Mk2…

Resistance is futile.

Third thing I did with the OT MK2, after about 2 weeks of 1 hour sessions per day.

4 Likes

I only played the mk2, what are the differences that made you like the new OT vs the mk1 ? Just curious

2 Likes

this is so sick, if you’re into techno this should sell you instantly

The dedicated buttons make a big difference.

• Not having to remember where to find the audio editor. On the MK1 the key combo was wholly dependent on what section of the interface I was currently in.

• Knowing what the knobs do while in the audio editor, thanks to the printed cues beneath them (zoom/start/loop/scroll)

• Button for save project (I use this one countless times per session), while sequencer is still running.

• Other things that required remembering where to find them as they weren’t clear on the MK1, like pickup sync, pickup play/start, trig mode, etc. Basically anything that is printed on the MK2 that wasn’t on the MK1 now just requires a quick look to jog the memory instead of trial and error or referencing the manual. It’s easier to get back up to speed with the MK2 after a little time away with it.

9 Likes

I use Splice and have an OT MK I. I like just dumping what I have downloaded onto the CF card and not having to worry about space for the most part. I would not be able to fit all of these samples on a Digitakt and swapping them in and out all the time would drive me nuts.

6 Likes

That certainly is tempting plus the fun new buttons and encoders.

Also the machine looks like Christmas- and I like Christmas.

Not only that, but buying the big boy Elektron would help encourage the company to make more complex instruments

Unfortunately, for all it’s perks, I’m still a cheap poor mo’fo and am going to stick with the mk1 :frowning:

idk what the consensus is but i really like the look of the mk1 more. i half considered just spending the extra couple hundred bucks and getting a mk2, but i don’t like looking at it as much :man_shrugging:

Nice, that’s one of the main things that Im excited about with the OT, the amount of space. Is it easy to navigate samples - preview and add to tracks? I would probably sort samples into folders (Kicks, Snares, Toms, Hats, Cymbals, FX, Claps and so on)

Yeah, really easy IMO. Both devices are similar here, you can scroll a list and press Function + Yes to preview