OT MKII crossfader dying during my first live show (and how to repair it)

Just wanted to share: I had this quite big crossfader failure with my OT on my first live show and I dismounted it to check what did happen and I found out that the magnet of the fader that is glued to the moving plastic part of the fader just got detached during use. I just glued it back and the fader is working again. Note, you have to check if the magnet is in the good orientation before gluing it, otherwise the fader won’t work as expected. To check it you can go to test mode (func while powering the OT on + trig 1 after) and move the fader to see if it’s properly set (trig 1 should be green when you’re full left, trig 16 green when full right).

We can see on the pic the magnet that went free inside the fader.

I was using my OT heavily for 2-3 months and this had to happen on the first 5 minutes of my first ever live show. :sweat_smile: :rofl:

7 Likes

They are simple to replace. Put in a support ticket asking if they’ll send you one.
Support is slow these days but they ship parts out quick

1 Like

Thank you, I just opened a ticket :slight_smile: Now it is working again but having a spare part seems a good idea. I don’t trust my glue too much.

2 Likes

Argh, that’s bad luck! I hope you were able to continue with button presses and it didn’t mess up your show too much.

1 Like

Oh my god, what a nightmare! Did you stop the show and fix it or continue without the fader?

I was playing with an EZBOT template so It was possible to keep playing, but I lost a lot of expression and possibility of smooth transition between my patterns. Peoples didn’t notice anything other than me trying to move my fadder nervously every other 5 minutes. But it was very frustrating to train that much and not being able to fidget with my music as much as I wanted.

Button press was working but some effect / transition only work if your fader is fully engaged.

1 Like