OT MK2 + MPC Live Killer combo!

You can record crossfader movements* with Mpc with a much higher resolution than OT (steps only).
*Or other knobs, buttons…

I guess you talk about fade in / out recording with OT? Fades curves are not well implemented. It kind of works with Pickups only, with minimum values. Higher values just add silence and don’t change curves.

I don’t know about MPCs…

3 Likes

Yeah what sezare said, you can record your cross fader with the MPC and send it back to OT. Technically you can do it on OT alone but then you’re limited to 16 steps. Further to that if you know the pattern to pad feature, that works with a sequence of just CC even if there’s no notes so you can record/program a cross fader movement and then slice it to pads then record that in a sequence. it’s a fun way to sequence controlled fader movements

For crossfade looping, load a sample then in the trim page turn loop on, on the top bar next to your start point you can select your loop mode as either forward, ALTER(forwards and backwards) or XFADE. Set it to crosfade and you can set how the loop fades in and out so you can make loops smoother

4 Likes

Awesome @jb, thank you so much, I‘ll give this a try!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a much mire linear style also, I’m used to using analog and lfo’s and mods to create, rather than instrument style performing to create. After some sculpting of machine functionality, I’ve become more enamored with the Live

2 Likes
5 Likes

OOOOOOOOO, trying this

this works on the mk1 aswell right?

I’m waiting for my MPC live 2 to arrive Thursday because of this thread. Thank you.

1 Like

because of this thread…
i’m testing this setup out. lol

7 Likes

how are you using the Deluge and how do you like it?

I heard its linux. Windows would be nice if we could use 3rd party plugins!

1 Like