OT midi loopback and muting the midi track

if u had midi loopback going, the midi tracks sending record triggers to their respective pickup machines, if you mute the midi tracks it will stop sending record signals no?

Yep.
Midi loopback doesn’t hurt if you control and audio track with midi track on the same channel. Just carefully choose notes, otherwise it can be stressful, with messages like Sequencer start stop / active track increment for instance…

I experimented midi loopback A LOT with Recorders and Flex, very powerful. If you don’t need overdub, i’d definitely choose Recorders and Flex instead of Pickups. I didn’t try midi loopback with Pickups IIRC, not really interesting in unless you give me some good ideas? :content:

Recently tested this with midi loopback, arpegiating incoming audio, triggering one shot rec trigs with YES, or with another track sending Rec Arm…

1 Like

with pickup machine you can erase the buffer with rec3 or its midi note if you want to wipe that one and start over, how do you erase the record buffer to start over if u r using just a flex machine

Easier to erase with Recorders : record again.
More problematic with Pickups IMHO.
You can’t erase a part of the recording though, unless you use several recorders…

Pickups are an hack / add on, linking recorders to the Pickup machine. Not FLEXible at all!
They didn’t exist at OT release, inspired by Machinedrum RAM machines…

1 Like