OT lessons?

Pretty damn sexy tho

8 Likes

Heat has to be next to OT! :smile:
And add a Boum.

1 Like

Space!!! I have no space!

1 Like

Ok, I think I need a mixer, whats the cool guy mixer? (thats not a million dollars, or even a thousand dollars)

I’d buy one with 2 aux sends for stereo, and ideally a bus for recording.
there are threads about it here…
Mackie 1204 seems good.
Or these to be sure to have enough inputs / outputs :

:smile:

Just buy one! :smile:
t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement%20(3)

7 Likes

I am at the moment going through the same thing. Trying my hardest not to add a mixer, just use my OT as a thru and my MnM asa synth mixer. So, I am using a thru track for the eventide delay effect loop. Running the system1m thru an effect track on the MnM and the MnM On its own thru track on the OT with the space between. Overwhelmed to say the least, but I have a few days off, so it should be up and running soon…

4 Likes

I’m probably gonna get an ADAT rack and run it into my UAD and just run everything through console. I Like, the Behringer one which is like 230 bucks. Not as sexy as a mixers, but All my outboard effects can have individual sends and I can run all 4 channels out the OT the Moog and the ob6 with room to spare.

Jesus. You have a ob6 and among and a boum …? Jeez… what a nice setup. I would love to upgrade to a AH mk2, to see wave forms going through… maybe before you get a mixer you should try setting your OT up as a effect send unit, and practice sampling? It’s pretty fun. You could just connect all your effects together and cue send each track, turning on whatever effect you want to use and sample?

No Boum yet, auditing the AH, its one or the other, kinda loving the AH. What I think Im gonna do is get a Behringer ADA8200 and optical it in to my Apollo 8p. This will effectively give me 16 ins and outs. It’s not as sexy as a mixer but I can use the UAD console as my mixer, run the Bim, the Bam and the AH (or Boum) through as sends in the 8p. I know this is complicated… but…

with the 4 outs from the OT I should ( I think) be able to parcel out my kick and snare to individual channels ( assuming I don’t have to hard pan them?) and send those through any of the 3 effects boxes along with the stereo out from the other 2 outs. Make sense?

I think from what I can gather the AH does somewhat more than Boum, obviously they will sound very different too, but the AH is extremely flexible where maybe the Boum is “just” a vintage warmer, which is just one function that AH can perform but again probably sounds totally different than Boum.

1 Like

Makes sense for the ultimate recording situation yes. But I guess I’m more interested in how I can use the OT to the fullest. Just use the the OT for its OB to record stereo out. [quote=“amichaela, post:296, topic:110421”]
Make sense?
[/quote]

1 Like

That’s my feeling. The BAM sounds INCREDIBLE tho, I liked the BIM, and it’s cool for sure, but the BAM is a life changer.

That’s smart, I’m hoping the AH doesn’t stunt my OT growth during this critical period of learning by distracting me.

Gang-

If I send the OT out of the mains and cues, into 4 channels, will I be able to isolate 2 mono tracks and 2 stereo tracks without hard panning the mono tracks? Goal: kick and snare from OT on separate tracks I can add effects to ( outside the OT) the rest can all share the stereo outs.

:sketchy:? Have cake and eat it?
You can use 2 mono outs with CUE Out and hard balance, and keep Main stereo, use stereo Thru for fx returns.

I’d use 1 track for kick and snare, plock balance.
You can record/prepare already hard panned sounds…

If those hard panned sounds are sent to Main, you’ll hear their panning unless you use a Neighbor track with Spacializer mono setting, or use 100% wet reverbs…

3 Likes

Ok, what I want to do is run the snare through the BAM, I don’t really want verb on the kick, I want AH on both tho

What do you mean by hard balance?

For a stereo signal, pan is balance (OT’s BAL).
I don’t know if you can say hard balanced. Why not. :content:

You can plug CUE outputs to AH, BAM to AH left out, BIM to AH right out for example.

2 Likes

Are my kicks and snares hard panned in this scenario?

Yes, snare on the left for the BAM.
(I’d prefer kick on the left as I usually put it first, you can swap of course).

2 Likes