OT lessons?

What? There’s a manual for OT?!

5 Likes

In OctaChainer you have to use the Octatrack slices tab and select the bitrate of the samples, if they´re mono or stereo and the samplerate. If they´re loops or stems you can select the BPM as well.

Then you only have to pick that chain on the OT activate the slices on the track and done.

2 Likes

Hey guys, so I wanted to clear out samples from projects that we in my sample pool and get a head of organizing while I only have a few projects on here. I collected the samples from each project, and I see them in the project, and play them in the sample editor but not on the track. nothing is playing bac. any thoughts here? they are all loaded, I can here them if I preview them in source and in the editor, nothing is muted, volumes are on on. thoughts?

I did

Scene settings?

2 Likes

omg

im so dumb

Samples are selected in Flex / Statics?
Did you try Save + Reload?

1 Like

It was scenes. Very embarrassed.

2 Likes

Stand in the corner now, and think about your silliness :rofl:

5 Likes

You can mute scenes to check quickly : Fn + Scene button.

2 Likes

The whole Internet should be more like this thread. Shut the rest down.

4 Likes

This is an insanely resourceful thread, everyone has been really patient and helpful with me!

2 Likes

Happens to all of us. Will probably happen to me again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Had my first real “wtf is going on?” moment with my OT tonight. I had a sliced sample loaded in a flex slot, went into the AED to edit the slices a bit, saved the new settings. Later on, I reloaded the project and my sample edit was all fucked up. Okay then…

1 Like

When you sell your MPC Live

4 Likes

Hey gang-

SO as you can see I’ve complicated my life. The BAM I’ve wanted forever and in truth I wanted a saturator and it was between the AH and the Boum and I was lucky enough to get the AH loaned to me to A/b it with the Boum if I want. I already love the AH, that filter is just too tasty. I sold the MPC Live to justify the costs and got a little pay bump from a job, so it’s not total irresponsible GAS. Both the units I feel bring a lot of value to my studio. So, now that I’ve made myself feel better, here’s the question:

Can I use the mixer on the OT to:

Run my Moog directly in.
Use cue sends fro the cue outs to selectively send to the AH ( and the Bam, as they will be patched together) Essentially allowing me to run the Moog, a kick and a snare from the OT into the AH and the Bam?

Yeah, why not?
Moog > INAB
Tracks > CUE OUT > AH + BAM > INCD
That’s it?

So you’ll be able to try the Boum too?

2 Likes

Yeah, I get this for a week and then I can try the boum. They loan me demos at the shop I go to

Would look damn sexy, bim bam boum!

1 Like