OT lessons?

As Cuckoo says “It’s just stuff waiting to be learned”

Ok, I see I can program scenes, but can I program parts?

In the arranger? No, parts are assigned to the patterns, so to change to a different part in the arranger change to a pattern with that part.

2 Likes

right, but whatever part im on it stays, even if I switch patterns right? like can I program part 2 to only happen on pattern 3?

The pattern is linked to the part assigned to it, so if pattern 1 uses part 1 and pattern 2 uses part 2, then this will be reflected in the arranger, just as it is in pattern mode.

3 Likes

RAD! thanks !

1 Like

OMG I did it!! ok, this makes sense. Okay, now I have to write shit.

thanks!

3 Likes

For 64 note samples, like a keyboard line I don’t plan on changing should I put that on a static track or can it live in a flex?

It’s always smart to use static instead of flex, unless you need some crazy modulation or manipulation.

2 Likes

Static track you just can’t work with the sample its self right? no slicing or chopping and stuff?just effects and parameters?

You can slice statics no problem, you can change start points, slices etc. But due to them streaming from the card they are not as fast to react to random access so unprogrammed slice or start point manipulation isn’t recommended, however if you have specific values p-locked (as opposed to realtime or random values, such as from LFO, xfader etc.) then they work fine.

I guess that if you had 8 tracks with statics loaded then you might run into card access issues if you had many programmed slices on all 8 tracks, but I have never tried it.

From the manual:
“Due to the nature of Compact Flash cards, Static sample slices might not be played back correctly when modulating the STRT parameter with the crossfader or the track LFOs. The start point of the slices might then be off. This problem is avoided when using param- eter locks.”

4 Likes

Hey guy- in arrangement mode, should I be able to sneak a 16 beat patter in between 2 64 beat patterns and make it only play once? Right now its cycling through 4 times

Check Arranger Length parameter.

2 Likes

The REP? set to nothing, I believe thats 1.

Oh the Len hahah, figured it out

Hey do you guys frown on all the programming is in the arranger, press play guys?? I mean I guess it’s just a complicated DAW at that point, but for someone who has spent the past 2 years spinning his wheels trying to finish and release something., this process is much more interesting to me than a blank logic page

Just do whatever you want to do. No-one judges your music on what features you use on your gear.

5 Likes

Peter, you’re so goddamn reasonable, I love it.

If you’re using all 8 tracks, there’s no way to resample on the MK11?

Remember that the track recorders are separate from the playback machines. So even if you have flex or static machines playing back samples on all 8 tracks, you can still sample from the MAIN or CUE or any individual track into any or all of the recorder buffers.

5 Likes