.OT file to cue markers / cue markers to .OT file?

Hello!
Is there a utility that can take a .OT file + its associated WAV/AIF file and convert the slice points to cue markers, and/or alternatively take a WAV/AIF file with cue markers and generate a .OT file?

I’m looking for a way to easily translate files that were prepped for the Octatrack to play well with other hardware/software and vice verse.

Hard one to Google!

Octachainer can create an .ot file.
Not sure if you can edit an .ot file with it.
@Abhoth ?

1 Like

I don’t know of any, but it could potentially be quite a simple piece of code for someone with the coding chops (not me alas).

I use wavosaur quite a bit and it uses markers which are recognised by the Korg electribe2s, I tried it with OT but the markers are not recognised, due to being (I think) embedded in the wav meta data.

It could be a good feature request for Elektron or wavosaur to have OT compatibility.

I believe the OT slice info is just a separate text file associated with the wav file, so it should be a simple case of reading wavosaur meta data and creating the slice file.

1 Like

No, it is not possible. But it SHOULD have been.

@darenager yes, I expect it is easy to implement in Octachainer, at least. I’m using a library called “libsnd” to load/save the audio files. I believe it supports cue markers now. At least reading them, not sure about writing. If it doesn’t, it isn’t that hard to implement my own audiofile loading/saving functionality, but it is safer not to. To support as many audio file formats and meta data stuff as possible.

Loop points would be nice as well. I don’t think sndlib can write loop points, but it can read them, so I could at least set the loop points in the .OT file from the wav metadata.

Very busy at the moment, so not making any promises. But an update at least fixing some annoying bugs is long overdue. So hopefully I’ll get around to do this as well. In a couple of months from now.

5 Likes

Reading would probably be enough maybe? Thinking load a file into wavosaur, add markers, save, load into Octachainer, which finds markers and converts to slices?

Anyway, appreciate Octachainer as it is, any updates that come along in the future are sprinkles on top :+1:

1 Like

First of all I would like to thank you personally for octachainer which is an excellent tool and has been by my side for many years of slicing and dicing.
This request is exactly what I have been looking for quite some time now.
Alongside octatrack I am using blackbox which uses que points for accessing slices.It would be great to have the option to interchange saved cue points with .ot files. Would save so much time in building our sample libraries.
Thx again for Octachainer.

2 Likes

I will echo this thank you for Octachainer. It is such an essential tool for me.

In my case I will be sharing a sample library between the M8 and OT.

Any updates are greatly appreciated, but what a great tool to have as-is.

2 Likes

Hey everybody, long time lurker here. I decided to post this here in case anyone’s interested.
After being annoyed with the slicing on the Octatrack (not the fastest and I hate that the end point is connected to start), I deceided to try and reverse engineer the .ot sample settings file.
It turned out to be not that complicated, and I can now edit all the audio editor attributes and Trim & Slice points (start, end, loop) from outside the Octatrack.
I also wrote a quick and dirty little editor that takes an audacity label file and converts it to a sliced .ot file, just to make my workflow for prepping samples a lot quicker. This works great for my needs, but if anyone’s interested I’m willing to expand and foolproof it a little (no validation at all now)

5 Likes

very interested on this development, is it limited to audacity or any wave editor?

Interested!

Interested, in order to make sample chains with loop points.
Goal : make 64 slices from 64x2 samples, first being attack, second the loop.

@qlamerand

2 Likes

Ha, I once did the same thing :slight_smile: (using the work of Kai Drange !)

1 Like