OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

More snapped values with Function + Knob
Pitch : - 12,-5, 0, +7, +12
Len : 128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1
Rate : 63, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1, 0,- 1,-2,-4,etc…
Delay : 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, etc…
And more…
Post yours!

9 Likes

There is a work around for that. You can put a parameter lock (trigless, the yellow ones) before the trig you want to do “inverse 3:4” and you put 3:4 there, then on the next trig you put “No Prev”. So the trigless lock will be true every 3:4 and the other one will be true every time except for the third.

Edit: I don’t own an Octa but it works on the Digis, should be the same.

6 Likes

If ever there’s going to be a Ocatrack2, PLEASE don’t put the main data encoder at the left or the right side of the screen, but underneath. ALL the devices I have that use screens and data encoders have the same design flaw., it’s super common. Wether you’re left handed or righthanded, or just busy with “the other hand”, half of the time you cover the screen with your hand while turning that knob so you don’t have access to the visual feedback that’s neccessary when using encoders. We spend our time doing unconfortable gymnastics!

1 Like

Very exciting reading this thread gawd I hope they have another stab at the OT soon ready for that brick to break the glass

That’s crazy - thanks. I’ll have to screen shot this for reference, as there’s no way I can understand that with a casual read! If ever the lighty-up brain meme were appropriate, it’s now.

1 Like

Am I the only person that thinks that the indicator for what page you are on is not terribly distinct? Changing the current page to green or blue (to avoid color blindness issues?) would just help so much.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that somewhere on the board, they have confirmed that they’re going to do something about that particular issue.

2 Likes

That would be so cool! Especially on my AK I can‘t really see which page I‘m on…

1 Like

Copy paste multiple trigs like Rytm

Unless there’s already some way to do this I can’t figure out

Can’t believe you can’t do this in Octa

7 Likes

How does this work on the AR?

You just hold several trigs and press rec button to copy, then hold a trig button and press stop to paste. All trigs will be pasted in the order they were copied from that trig onwards.
Works for other editing functions as well.
Makes editing so much easier/faster!

A4/AK and AR have multi trig editing.
Actually I almost never use it, because of my OT…

3 Likes

As below

Lfo to sample slot.

3 Likes

We won’t get anything new, right?

Still, i have an idea…
Lfo to my bank account; ascending one trig plocked on every monday
Papa needs more gear, sweetheart!

5 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but unless there’s a bug, the OT is at the end of life stage, is near enough maxed out CPU wise and won’t be getting any new features (at least from what I can surmise from various other threads). So unless you want to report the bug, what’s the point of this thread? Don’t get me wrong, I love hearing people’s ideas for this amazing device but isn’t it a total waste of time?

4 Likes

No. :pl:

Beware. Lfos are bipolar!
I’d choose an lfo designer with a peak for saturday night. Choose the right tempo, lfo speed and track length.
:content:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s next for Elektron?

I’d like to change/trigger patterns via a designated page I can leave open, as opposed to pressing and holding a button then choosing my pattern. Imagine the option of “Patterns” from the same window you chose chromatic, slices, slots, mix and delay.

5 Likes

You can make a list of patterns in arranger, all set to INF and select from that. Don’t have OT here but I think those are the steps.

5 Likes

Will investigate this.