OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Not sure if this has been requested (gonna put it into Elektron too).

I would love the Mixer button, when held for more than one second, to act like the Function button (when in mix mode) and when released, mute/unmute the selected tracks. Also, when released, it closes the mixer page.
This would make it a super quick mute option.
Tapping the Mixer button would keep current behavior.

2 Likes

Would like The note lengths to be more like the digitone and digitaktā€¦
Iā€™m not able to set a 32 step note length without it going to inf!

1 Like

Can you set to INF but then put another trig with zero velocity at the end of your long note to shut it off again? Just a thought for now. Iā€™m not sure how many OT updates are left :grimacing:

2 Likes

That should work. Zero velocity is equivalent to a note off message in midi land.
Gotta count sequencer steps to get exact note length, but no hassle.

Nice example how thereā€˜s usually a way on OT! :wink: :elot:

2 Likes

I think so, no overlap on OT. But notes with velocity 0 are not sent. With a rdm lfo on VEL it was a very interesting prob trick before trig conditions.

2 Likes

Sometimes i just hope, that Elektron will just release ANY new Firmware at all ! This tension whenever i visit Elektronauts and there is some news about Firmware but then theres the aaaww moment realising that other devices got the love :slight_smile:

But for example the Trig + YES on the other devices seams very powerfull and i realy hope that they at least do a last FW Upgrade which includes this. I guess that must be doable and would increase its value for Production a lot.

And adding pythonā€™s comment in a different thread:

Seems all possible i guess and hope theyā€™d update this.

5 Likes

please please please tell me that there is Trig+Yes coming at some point for the OT ?!?!

just updated the DT and DN and Trig+Yes has BLOWN THE DOORS OPEN on my ability to sculpt the individual stepping stones of a twisting contorting splintering path of filtered broken glitchy lunacy.

Before it was like a pattern had to be whole phrase, you made sweeping motions as it runs. Now a pattern can be a finely tuned barrage of artillery rounds, dropped precisely where and how you want them, able to edit each step on its own one at a time. Itā€™s so much fun

4 Likes

I had that experience too with the Digitone. Itā€™s awesome. We all hope to see it for OT too but no one here knows or will be able to confirm it.
It surely will take working with OT to a whole new level!

Midi gated seq / chord arp style like A4 would be awesome! :heart_eyes:

Trig + Yes is good is good for building patterns. Yes + Trig would be even better as it becomes a powerful performance tool letting you ā€œplayā€ plocks. I would love this on all machines!

1 Like

Copy and paste function for trig from the A4, where you can copy multiple held trigs and placing them by holding just one trig from which the sequence of copied trigs is then pasted. :raised_hands:

6 Likes

new firmware for digitakt and digitone you can now hold a trig and hit yes and it fires off that trig so you can hear what it sounds like !!! ridiculously helpful, you can tweak one trig over and over until itā€™s perfect, just how you want it to drop, copy it wherever you want it, do the one next to it completely different, surgical style, one at a time. BEING ABLE TO DO THAT IN OT would open up the OT to DAW and MPC level functionality for deliberate orchestration/composition. I heard the OT code is spaghetti and that no one who wrote it still works there so it would be a mess to work it in, i just really hope they are able to do it at some point, that feature is so amazing. Without it youā€™re forced to work blind, which makes it always interesting and fun but having the ability to HEAR WHAT YOUā€™RE DOING as you go is in my opinion a necessity for a pro piece of gear, especially one as powerful as the OT, Trig+Yes would be entirely an opening of the eyes of sorts.

4 Likes

Since the A4/AR just got this, Iā€™ll repeat some feature requests:

• Trig probability as a page parameter
  • Trig Preview
  • Step recording mode

Bring the OT sequencer up to snuff with the other Elektron device please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure its been said here many times before, but just to emphasize: BPM PER PATTERN as available with other Elektron devices

3 Likes

Get rid of the virtual knobs in track mode, Iā€™m often in chromatic just to see the values.
And please Elektron put meaningful value like Slice, Note for CombFilter, Arpā€¦ I donā€™t understand why every parameters it doesnā€™t look like that.

2 Likes

the biggest one for me has always been: p-locking multiple trigs at the same time (hold down 3 trig keys + turn an encoder = setting the value for those 3 trigs). going from A4, AR, and the Digis back to my Octatrack makes the Octatrack feel crippled and ancient in terms of step editing ā€¦ Elektron has spoiled us!

please give us multi-trig p-locking on the Octatrack someday!!!

9 Likes

But you can multi edit the lfo designer :joy:

1 Like

I want the sample view and controls like on the SRC page of the Digitakt. And polyphonic audio tracks.

Arp too I think. :content:

2 Likes

I prefer the knobs, probably because Iā€™m used to it, I mostly use track mode thoughā€¦

1 Like