OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

This please.
If quantise Playback goes to 256 why not sampling ?!

1 Like

Envelope follower!!

4 Likes

Envelope follower would be a great addition. I’ve been needing that a number of times.

2 Likes

Yeah. MD have it. With ZOIA it should be possible to make an envelope follower sending midi > crossfader control. :loopy:

2 Likes

I would imagine it’s already been said but having had the DT and now owning the OT MkII I’ve noticed the LED’s for the ‘page’ section during playback they are all lit up Red and then the highlighted page in the sequence is just a slightly brighter RED which is hardly distinguishable. The LED’s are multi-colored, it would be nice and I would have thought an obvious decision to have the highlighted page in a running sequence to be a different color as the DT does.

But it seems this variant color scheme like the grey labels that are just slightly lighter grey than the panel making it really difficult to see in a low lit situation is what they did with this as well. I get after a period of repeated use it does become second nature, but it’s nice to see clearly where you are in a sequence page rather than tapping the page button just to get where the highlighted LED even is. So it would be nice if they could change this in the future, but I won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

It got already confirmed quite a while back that this will get fixed (but - as always - with no ETA attached).

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

I think it would be dope to be able to assign CUE SENDs to the scenes. CUE throws are, like, my jam…and right now it’s a pretty convoluted procedure.

1 Like

CUE levels on scenes would be nuts :peanuts:.

In this area, for what it’s worth, I’ve merged a Korg Nanokontrol into my OT midi inputs and now have 8 separate sliders for CUE levels (and 8 knobs for volume), in studio mode. I’ve actually eliminated my outboard mixer from my setup and run everything through OT. It’s pretty good.

That said, studio mode CUE level on scenes would be bonkers.

2 Likes

Not perfect but you can invert MAIN and CUE roles. Use XVOL as main level, XLEVEL as sends.

4 Likes

Crazy reading this here since I just tried to do this yesterday :smile:
It would be very useful.

have CUE on Scene would be great way to arrange a song

But am using Beatstep for mixing/arrange via mute/cues/levels, and it is the jam
16 pads mutes for main track and cues
16 knobs for level of main and cues

Made machine much more fun to use on fly

2 Likes

I’m currently away from my apartment, but I’ll hook my BSP up and give this a shot once I get home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to be able to save parts for loading into different projects.

It would be great for when you want to make a new pattern in a new project with an external synth. And just recalling a part where the midi CC have already been implemented into the midi tracks.

2 Likes

I’d like more decimals for more precise control, in particular for pitch and rate. Currently pitch has one decimal, and rate has none, anyone knows if this is a UI limitation or is it actually internally implemented like this?

I wish (please tell me this is possible and I oversaw it…) I could select wether the master track includes the input direct audio or not.

I use the inputs just for mixing other gear with the OT, and master track includes the audio of the direct inputs. I understand this is useful if you want it to be a 2 buss chain for compression. But I would really want to use the master track only for what’s playing on the OT itself.

Some users make a template project, with several setttings they copy/paste from the last bank for example.

Just in case if you didn’t know it, you can use an lfo designer to add a very precise control. (0.2/128 precision for pitch).

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know you could have finer control using the LFO designer, that’s great, it’s probably useful for simulating tape wow and flutter (which was one of the applications I had in mind for finer pitch and rate control).

Designing a random lfo works perfectly for wow and flutter type delay time modulations. :slight_smile:
Been doing that quite often, it sounds so good modulating the OT delay that way^^

1 Like

It wouldn’t be called master track when you could bypass it on the way to the main outs, would it? Nevertheless: this would be a nice feature.