OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

I wasn’t asking when will it be fixed. You told me to stop asking for it so I’d like to know who confirmed it? That’s the more important answer I’m looking for.
edit:
I see the link you posted. Thank you

… and this:

6 Likes

Im not a programmer but is it really that hard to fix this?!

Probably not at all but it is hard to fix every problem with every product in an orderly fashion without pissing off users of each individual group of owners, plus working on whatever unannounced product is in the pipeline. possibly even a rehash of the entire unit for all we know. Basically nobody is not buying because of this, that means they’re losing no money but investing money to fix the problem. So we get what we’re given whenever they get round to it basically

1 Like

I’ve seen that.

2 Likes

Would love the TRIG+YES idea that the DT peeps are asking for.

Preview a trig with plocks so you don’t have to play the sequence to find out if it sounds good.

Unclear if this was described already but there ya go.

Apparently the AR/AK have something similar

8 Likes

what has caused this thread to blow up as pop late.
OT resurgence?..OT MKIII !?

I just post here in the hope that if I make enough decent suggestions simon or someone else from elektron might stumble into one of them at some point then possibly suggest it to whoever makes it happen. they’d be insane not to look at this thread if they were making a new unit so it might be pointless now but one day it might make someones or my own life easier. its essentially a user feedback thread at this point.

anyway another one, in the personalize menu it would be nice to be able to choose whether statics, free flex slots or recorders load to tracks when opening the default project. i’m sure many people record stuff and then save to statics so its strange that it defaults as static slots. its obviously not a massive inconvenience but id love to just turn it on and recorder slots were already loaded to their tracks.

If you want Elektron to read your feature requests, send them to: feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

Yeah I do occasionally, this is just an easier place to write a passing thought. Cheers though

With the arp off, p-lock the “LEG” (legato) parameter to “on” for the note you want to slide to or slide from. Make sure the note is long enough to at least reach to the next note.

4 Likes

Harmonic Minor :mage:

_scene lock the second page FX parameters… :violin:

_paste an arp without replacing the Tonality key:hammer:

_control all for all arpegios of the part:surfing_man:

Ergonomic advanced :warning:
The most important possible upgrade IMO : :mag_right:
When switching from Arp page to sample pages and coming back to midi… It’s not anymore on arp page… This is so important the return to midi choose the last used page…
+Ability to save Midi pages settings.

Please :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Are you sure your OT behaves like that?

My OT stays on whichever page I was last when I switch between midi tracks/audio tracks.

Yep I’m sure, It don’t have the direct return to the arp designer…
Arp designer seem to be midi-shift relied to “second amp page”
For live tweaking it’s not really easy and needs 3 clicks… which are many clicks in live situation.

• I don’t want to spam little shift buttons :hammer:
    The first page of Arp is less interesting in live, trigs are locked (IMO)
    But yes it’s not the most important thing.

Ah, ok I misunderstood your post.

Yeah, you can only go from main page to main page and from setup page to setup page when switching between audio and midi tracks.

2 Likes

1 Like

RC505 and it’s predecessor probably released before OT can record a stereo track (44.1khz/16 bit) up to 3h30ms directly on a microSd card.
OT can record / process 8 recordings at the same time. Unfortunately I think we’d have to wait an hypothetical improved product for direct to card recording. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Example: “Arm All Track 3”
MIDI CC numbers to Arm Rec (or All) for ind. Tracks 1-8
That’s all it needs. Thank You for this machine.

What do you whant to do? There is already a CC to arm all one shots, and if you want to trigger recordings individually you can use notes C4-D#4 and use QREC if you want to record at the beginning of the pattern, as if there was a one shot rec trig on first step. CC59 can mimick notes, if you need CCs.

Other approach : use several patterns, some with rec trigs on tracks you want to record with.

2 Likes