OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Idk if it’s been said, and there’s probably a work around, but I would really appreciate for slicing to include a fade in option to avoid clicks.

1 Like

Good call. There are more important things before that though.

3 Likes

If you turn on “Dynamic Recorders” the recorders can access any free memory and then “Reserve Recordings” becomes like a fail safe to make sure you can always sample. You can then reserve less or none and also be able to make very long samples…

A pickup machine records to the recorder buffer of the same number as the track number the pickup is loaded on. If there’s a pickup on track one then any flex track can play it by simply assigning “recording1” as the default sample or it can be sample locked per trig on a flex track playing a different default sample…

You can make for example several different flex tracks all playing “recording1” with different settings for each. One sliced, one reversed, one gated with trigless envelopes, all different fx, etc… When you record to the pickup track all instances of “recording1” playing on flex tracks get updated in realtime.

3 Likes

Page button + trig 1/2/3/4 to skip to that page would make me feel less like I’m using a type writer. Also it would be faster to use it to quickly create or take away pages

4 Likes

Had a dream last night where they added a wavetable synth to the OT and you could morph thru the tables with the crossfader… Guess it’s back to sleep for me! :sleeping:

4 Likes

Wake up and try this :
Wavetable synthesis

4 Likes

Trig copy like A4MK2
Copy one trig multiple times by holding the trigs you want to copy to.
Add p-locks to trig 1 -> copy -> hold trigs 5,7,8,12 whatever -> past -> trigs 5,7,8,12 whatever now = trig1
Right now you have to hold each trig individually to copy to

3 Likes

Do we know if there´s anything that surely will be added/improved with an upcoming update?

There is no guarantee that there will be any further updates for the Octatrack.

1 Like

For mkII users, this is a complete bummer. The machine isn’t even that old!

2 Likes

If you haven’t, try messing with the audio editor start/end with looping sample. You can zoom in and change the length to be extremely tiny and then scan the waveform… Much more precise than flex page parameters, but can’t be automated…

4 Likes

I know, but technically it’s the same machine (that’s why it’s called Mark 2 and not v2) with just some (cosmetic) face lifting done. Elektron declared the OT feature complete long ago. But they changed their minds and brought conditional trigs to it afterwards.

So in a way: it already happened once :wink:

3 Likes

I´m about to buy a MKII and it´s horrible to hear that.

1 Like

want to buy mine?

I will just dump it then

Please! We had trig conditions update for MKI (and MKII?), it was a great surprise. Wait for a V2, or buy a Model:Samples to be sure to have updates! :tongue:

2 Likes

Are you from Spain?

We’ll get by…somehow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Elektron could start periodically taking away features from the Octatrack as other devices get updated and it’ll still be more capable for quite some time…

6 Likes

I hope this was already posted before.:blush:
If there ever will be a hardware update to the Octatrack, I would love to have separate outs for each track. This Feature makes the Rytm outstanding in terms of mixing, recording and sound design. At least for me. It’s like getting out of that groove box feeling into something… bigger…
But if there will be no updates at all , then I’m happy with what it does today and hope elektron will never ever stop producing and servicing this lovely, timeless and magical… Thing.

2 Likes