OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

More scales to quantize midi notes to please.

2 Likes

For me the best they can do is making a way to get rid of clicks and improve the effects.

1 Like

I love the chromatic keyboard mode, but itā€™s not a patch on what you can do on the Digitakt.

If the OT had what the DT calls ā€œkeyboard foldingā€ so we can access two octaves in a specified key then the device would be near perfect.

(At the moment Iā€™m hacking things together with the ARP. Open to other tips or suggestions?)

1 Like

I just switched to OT after using DT for a few years. Really the only thing I miss from DT is the scales and keyboard folding. Would be a treat to get this feature on OT.

2 Likes

My story is the same as yours - DT for years, just acquired an OT. I was gutted when it didnā€™t have keyboard folding. Iā€™m not coordinated enough to play in key on the OT keyboard hahahaha

Aside from that tho, loving the OT. A vastly superior machine, and I am enjoying playing with the ARP (which can be keyed) Definitely have a play with it if you havenā€™t already!

3 Likes

Scaled Slices.

3 Likes

Maniac. There is always - always - a way with this infernal, outlandish machine.

1 Like

I only want the scales/keyboard folding for midi tracks.

5 Likes

iā€™ll definitely take the slices though

2 Likes

I wish there was an option, maybe in ā€œPersonalizeā€ menu, where you can specify if you keep focus on the same param page (SRC, AMP, LFO, FX1, FX2) when you switch to another track, or in the contrary if selecting another track automatically switches back to the param page that was selected for this track.

In case Iā€™m not clear, letā€™s say I use T1 and T2, and play a lot with the SRC params of T1, and a delay send (so in the FX2 page) of T2. Each time I switch to the other track, I need to reselect the relevant param page.

1 Like

Record ā€˜stop trigsā€™ and ā€˜loop trigsā€™ in the record mode of the sequencer would be great, stop trigs stop the recording, and the loop trig is like a one-shot record trig that stops itself when the sequencer runs over it again. I think youā€™d have to cycle through standard/one-shot/loop/stop with func + trig as NO just exits that screen.

4 Likes

Trig mutes instead of hard mutes (as in the arranger).

2 Likes

iā€™d love it if they figured out an alternative behaviour for when the playback and write position of a record buffer meet. currently a flex machine playing back a record buffer will abort playback as soon as it reaches the write position (presumably because you canā€™t read and write from the same address at the same time?)

Use 2 recorders.

You can read current recording at the same time but play back canā€™t be faster.

by ā€œaddressā€ i was referring to the memory address within the buffer, not the buffer itself.

of course i know you can play back from a currently recording buffer.
the fact that playback canā€™t be faster (well it can, as long as you make sure the read and write pointers donā€™t meet) is exacly what i meant.

care to elaborate?

If you alternate 2 recorders recording 4 steps for instance, you can alternately playback the 2 recordings on a FLEX (sample locks) and mangle them quicky as soon their recording is finishedā€¦playing a buffer while another one is recordedā€¦

Result on incoming audio :

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised people are still posting to this. I thought the OT was maxed out, and perhaps a final update to address whatever bugs they could one last time may be in the future.

If theyā€™d ever want to go for broke, and it were possible to make an option to record parameter changes using the crossfader during playback would set this instrument into that category on a whole new level.

I love twiddling knobs, but if I could p-lock using the fader, UGGGHH!!!
Iā€™m going to go blow out some candles on this wish :birthday:

2 Likes

because sometimes you get answers as great as the post above you :smiley:

(thx @sezare56)

4 Likes

Possible to record crossfader movements, and plock its values with midi loopback.
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips) - #148 by sezare56

1 Like

LFO to track scale

3 Likes