OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Purple LED for midi channel 9 to 16 :wink:

Yep. Assigning an lfo designer curve would be huge! :loopy:

With midi loopback and a midi processor you can modify the curve, even change scenes depending on xfader position.

1 Like

I’d like a readout of the crossfader position.

And (I’m sure this has been said before) I definitely want the pages follow the playback cursor.

Why would this be good?

Why there is no possiblity to put delay and reverb on FX1? It doesn’t make sense to me and also looks like an easy fix.

Usually delay and reverb are two last effect of the effect path, hence putting delay on FX1 and reverb on FX2 totally makes sense.

2 Likes

Reverb on FX1 slot hack

Cpu limitations…

1 Like

I just got the OT after owning the DT for a few years, mostly it’s been what I’ve hoped for but man the LFOs P-lockability have been a letdown. Much prefer the LFO implementation on the digitakt. I doubt they would make any changes to the LFO section 10 years later, so mainly I’m just posting in hopes that someone will prove me wrong and explain why the OT LFOs are better. At least slide trigs help to cover some of the work that the P-locked LFOs were doing for me on the digitakt.

Some kinda flex/thru track that let’s you blend between a record buffer and the buffer’s live source. Map the “dry/wet” to the xfader.
Means you only need 1 track instead of having to use 2 to achieve this effect.

Doable with Mixer XDIR and XLV on a FLEX.

2 Likes

I like how this post is basically @sezare56 telling us all that we’re plebs and should get back to our OT :rofl:

11 Likes

I like Mssr. sezare’s matter of fact style.

1 Like

Xdir goes thru fx on a track? I’m not home ATM but I can’t remember I thought that was just direct monitoring.
EDIT: no, just tried it out and XDIR doesn’t go through a track so it’s not exactly what I wanted as it doesn’t get effects and can’t be resampled etc.
I knew it sounded familiar and was hoping I had missed something but turns out I’ve tried this before :frowning:
So my feature request still stands! Flex/thru track plz

No. :wink:

A Flex track can be used as a Thru track with more tweaking abilities. No need to update OT for that :

Scene A with neutral settings, eventually plocked slices, scene B mangled for instance.

Another workaround is to set a flex track to pass “dry”, and use other shifted trigs with microtiming to alternate them (One Shots or FILL).

You asked for dry…

Btw Master track fx are applied to DIR.

2 Likes

Ha by dry/wet I guess I meant input/record buffer!

1 Like

An easier way to address CUE as two separate mono outs / sends.

1 Like

I wish the Audio Quick Mute would work as well while in Midi mode.

I don’t see why they’re disable as the 8 first trigs are not used for anything else.

Good news ! Quick Mute and Chromatic modes are also available in Midi mode. :wink:
Or maybe I missunderstood your request…

1 Like

Rrroooooohhhhh! Nooo way!

I never thought i had to choose a mode for Midi mode as well!
Well i’m an idiot but thank you :wink:

3 Likes

I was thinking of a macro mode for the encoders.
So a page where you can map encoders to any parameter in any track. Perhaps a few overlays/banks to switch between.

I have come to terms with using an extra MIDI controller, but it could be nice, to be able to reduce the setup.

My problem: I’m setup with an Octatrack and a midi controller with 8 faders assigned to the 8 amp volume settings.

Currently if ever I’m switching scenes whilst also riding them volume faders that automation will record to that scene, which whilst you can work around by being super careful, is rather annoying. However…

My proposed solution: some sort of toggle setting to disable scene recording. Preferably global, I suggest it hide in the project menu > control > scenes

What does anyone else think? Is it just adding complexity for complexity sake? Who else thinks this could be really useful?

1 Like