OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Pitch bend wheel. Only kidding.

I’d like a way to route the ABCD inputs directly to the CUE outputs instead of the mains, without having to use a THRU track.

You could CUE everything except the audio inputs, and send the audio inputs DIRect to the main outputs, without using any tracks for THRU machines.

5 Likes

Damn, dude. You consistently impress me with your knowledge, ideas, and creativity when it comes to using these machines. I think we need a book called “How Peter Hanes is better at Elektron than you”! Haha. Thanks!

Elektron ninjas, Peter is one of them!

No, I’m only an intermediate (at best) OT user. We actually only need a book called “Previously on Elektronauts”. My post recounts one of @sezare56’s many great ways to use the OT.

Edit to add: … see also @coralhex and @tsutek, previously on Elektronauts:

These people are the “ninjas”.

7 Likes

Bad luck, my incoming audio latency is too big, I´d have to use trig 2 with +1/192 microtiming or 54 of swing to match AR´s trig 1.

Anyway @sezare56 I set every track to have swing at 54 and I´m working as if the trig 2 was the trig 1, so nothing really important, thanks!!

It’s also possible to use the Delay (DIR set to 0 in setup). Max send no feedback.

Reminder : You can shift trigs with Func + arrows. Usefull to shift swing trigs too.

1 Like

In this case I prefer to have an available FX to use, I have T1 with a DJ EQ only for the low end so an FX slot less (which FX would you use in slot 2?) and T2 the same without the low end, T3 neighbour, T4 sounds from OT.

Right, I use it a lot, sometimes to give some movement for example for hihats live.

1 Like

I’d like tobe able to parameter lock the Dir volume of the Delay.

Following another ongoing thread, i would like to be able to define your own scale in the Midi Key (including chromatic) and to connect it to the Arp.

2 Likes

Just one wish from me: Ability to Send MIDI CC data over USB please. This should be possible with firmware update I believe…

No even sure if it’s physically possible.
Card Reader usb connection.

3 Likes

The possibility to play/edit any page at a time.
It’s a PITA to edit a fill at page 4 at 80bpm, takes ages and break the flow.

To edit the fill at page 4:

The arranger:
000 Pattern > offset 48 > lenght 16
002 Loop

Done.

1 Like

Thanks yet another workaround is breaking the flow.
If i have to go back and forth into the arranger to just have a loop turning around on a section i want. Plus in the case of Fills it’s messy in Arranger mode since activating the fill makes the arranger change row at times.

A long press on Page button to lock on the current page would be much easier and quicker.

2 Likes

More scale modes for the midi arp. Only major and minor keys? My EMX-1 from 2003 does:

Chromatic, ionian, dorian, phrygi, lydian, mixlyd, aeolia, locria, Mblues, mblues, dim, comdim, Mpenta, mpenta, three ragas, spanish, gypsy, arabia, egypt,hawaii, pelog, japan, ryukyu, whole, m3rd, M3rd, 4th, 5th, octave. (this is how the scales are called on the machine)

edit: I’m aware that many of these are tunings but there are so many more scales you could do over MIDI.
edit2: maybe midi scales with a combination of pitch bend with clever programming to make different tunings via midi?

2 Likes

Please let us record audio note length. :pray:

6 Likes

If I could just get like, 2 or 3 levels of polyphony per track, I’d be good. Or 16 total voices that I can allocate wherever, kind of like the DN’s 8 voices. That’d be super swell.

2 Likes

What about dynamic voice allocation like A4 or DN? :loopy:
Well, probably not easy to implement with Ot…

1 Like