OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Explain it now! That jam is insane.

It’s called DAW. I get what you mean but then you won’t use the OT Arranger as you’re doing.
It’s always a big no for me when someone suggest something not in the nature of a product.
The OT and other patterns based machine are building in blocks. If I want linearity I record in a DAW.

1 Like

The principle is to send CC52 to arm one shots. I used midi Plays Free tracks to do so.

Big limitation : you have to send them constantly, otherwise you arm only the first one shot of the track. Possible with OT/DT/DN midi tracks, and other gear that would be able to send that CC52 constantly (sequencer / lfo).

Midi FILL!

1 Like

I’m just gonna ask again because I think it would be super useful…

Can we get an option to turn off the screen (ideally a button combo press)?

Thank you :relaxed:

3 Likes

I think that this should be an option considering the MD was 12 bit and all old school samplers were as well. It’d be nice to have this option for sampling out the octatrack.

You can’t do 12 bit on a modern sampler. You can do 8,16,24 and 32 bit but not 12bit.
Downsampling is not the same. The beauty of the 12bit is in the artifacts when you pitch the sound.
I have a Gemini 1224 just for that amazing pitch down artifacts.

1 Like

Answered elsewhere:

1 Like

This answer should be moved here, isn’t it?
Btw, which LOFI BRR would correspond to 12 bit? :loopy:

Yeah the aliasing is really important I didn’t know if being able to make the whole sound 12 but not the effect on a track

But it’s per track not the whole project and it takes an effect. I understand that simply making it 12-bit won’t achieve the same sound as an sp-1200 but I’d love maybe an FX setting anyone knows with lofi or anything else to achieve that same aliasing 12-bit grit sound

Funnily enough I did recently, and possibly some years ago too. I think it would be a very handy way to quickly build a song.

BTW Send feature requests to:
feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like

Probably SRR at 30-32, BRR at 60-70 should get fairly close.

1 Like

Witness!

By ear? Would you make a chart? :content:
Maybe Elektron knows exact values…
Isn’t MD at 44.1 Khz (max), hence SRR at 0?

2 Likes

Have just sent through: Parts should be able to send / receive Midi CC messages.

2 Likes

I don’t remember now, think MD was 24bit 44.1khz converters, but I was thinking about 12bit sound in general, often sample rate was 32k or 22k which I think contribute to the distinctive sound when repitching, though probably not the only reason. Would be good experiment to try resampling on OT with those settings then try repitching, vs just repitching normal sample thru lofi with those settings?

2 Likes

It seems like a quicker and more intuitive way to input/build something in the arranger, and since it builds upon on a feature that already exists, surely it wouldn’t require excessive CPU taxation.

1 Like

I mean if the shit MPC’s can convert audio through a software that’s modeling the MPC60 or SP-1200 chip architecture there has to be a much more simpler Swedish way of achieving that characteristic sound. If only we could get a ring modulation effect to add to the lofi to make a really nice old school hip hop boom bap sound

Get a Gemini sampler dude. It smokes any emulation, it’s dirty cheap and it has phono inputs.
You want the old school, then get it :slight_smile:

The only old sampler emulation I like is from TAL Sampler.

1 Like

I’ll make this request FX based because I feel like the OT has lagged behind in this area.

A delay that can do reverse delay or pitch modulation like a tape delay or bucket brigade delay.

A richer chorus! one that can also do vibrato? I know you could make an LFO do something like this but I don’t think it’d be the same.

A reverb with modulation!

Basically could you just buyout Strymon and stick a mobius, timeline and big sky into the OT!??

That’d be swell thanks

It works well with the lfo designer. The delay even does tape wow and flutter with little effort in the lfo designer.

1 Like

All these can be made with a recorder and a Flex as “fx return”. Playback reverse, pitch modulation, pitch shift, feedback…
Fucked up example, to much feedback, I have to redo it…But it works!

2 Likes