OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

That being (for the uninitiated)?

Which is?

One humble wish: CC receive and send for FILL

Not quite so humble, but I still think realistic: Scenes for Midi LFOā€™s (at least speed and depth).

2 Likes

For the 15 year anniversary, Iā€™d love to see that decade-old request: a master tempo dependent re-pitch algorithm in the timestretch settings. :innocent:

3 Likes

thatā€™s the kind of ā€œableton-in-a-boxā€ iā€™m looking for!

ā€¦:content:ā€¦

2 Likes

I wish that on the SRC page, holding down FUNC while turning the PTCH knob that it would jump semitones.

6 Likes

plus 1 on visual feedback for the compressorā€™s gain reduction

You can use a recorder to display the effect the compressor has. With a master track which constantly samples T8, itā€™s possible to have a visual indication even for several tracks going into a master comp.
Not exactly the same, sure, but handy nonetheless.
To set it up, you have to temporarily disable the master track. Choose flex for track 8 and set it up to play its recorder buffer. Place a recorder trig and choose rlen (shorter rlen like 8 or 16 will display more details, longer will give a better overview of whatā€™s happening)
When you now enable master track again you can still open the recorder buffer in the audio editor and thus watch the compressor working.
You can change rlen from the recording setup menu.

With scenes you can even change parameters on the comp with audio editor open.

Pretty cool and a nice way to make sure weā€™re not clipping the master track (you can see the waveform hitting the ceiling in the audio editor, if levels become hotter, you can see it clip) while getting most out of the comp.

:elot: :heart:

6 Likes

I was pretty disappointed to learn that progam changes are hard-linked to the channel and cannot be sequenced (p-locked).

A way to fine tune samples sonI can end up just using round numbers for transposition.

-24 to +24 transposition.

Per page number of steps.

Ability to loop just one page.

2 Likes

Can we get the ability to save metronome time signatures along with BPM settings on a per pattern basis in the next update? I would like to be able to change from a 4/4 to a 6/8 etc click from one pattern to the next.

1 Like

Iā€™m often using the OT as a mixer and playing with other gear. Can there be a way to just disable or turn off the screen (with a button combo press) to avoid the screen burn-in issue?

2 Likes
  • How about a proper sampling screen with level meter and start recording when exceeding threshold like with the digitakt oder Analog Rytm?
  • More gain (even if it is software-based) - the new inputs are too quiet for much external gear like synths and drum boxes
  • Auto-Chop with threshold settings like MPC or Maschine
  • Mixer Page for setting levels of all tracks like on the digitakt
  • transpose sample tracks
  • live transpose selected tracks via midi-keyboard or buttons in chromatic mode
  • trigger setting linked to track (like: T1-chromatic, T2-slices, T3-slots etc.)
  • possibility to dim LED and screen independently and with more than 3 steps
  • individual splash screen (ok, that one one be just a gimmick)
  • better Lofi-FX (it needs some kind of LP-filter, else it is too harsh)
  • Chose whether reverb is on FX1 or FX2
  • Mute (bypass) FX with button combo
  • sticky buttons (like social entropy engine or old DOS programs like wordstar) - click function and the other button consecutively. Maybe double tap the first button (like FUNC) to engage sticky buttons.
  • pattern select screen without countdown, just staying open
  • Mute tracks with muting triggers instead of audio - so that the FX tails wonā€™t be cut off
  • Save save point without interrupting sequencer
  • copy patterns on the fly (without audio gap), like Maschine (better version, new pattern is instantly active and a copy of the previous one) or like digitakt (special combo).
  • midi loopback without cables (e.g. internally influence tracks by midi-tracks)
  • control parameters of neighbour track (for setting tracks to different lengths, so the filter cutoff can have a different rhythmic pattern than the melody for example)

That would be great. Thank you very much for supporting this machine

6 Likes

I was thinking it would be cool if, in grid mode, FUNC + TRIG + YES randomized all the page parameters on that step. This goes for all Elektron products, I think it would be a nice extension of the parameter randomization in place.

I was going to say the same. Iā€™m using more and more Fill, it could be nice to have it so it would be possible to sequence it and control with a midi foot control.
Or at least have the possibility to deactivate with one button the locked Fill up+down+pattern.

3 Likes

It will but on the OT Func+Step make one shoot trig so it wonā€™t be possible.
I think the next Elektron box should just have a randomise button so you can literally randomise everything.
Ex. Pattern+random random trig
Step+random random parameters per step
Step+page+random random parameters of the selected page per step
Elektron could also merge probability with randomness. So you could set the percentage or precise probability and the same for randomness. A step could have a probability of 70% and 2:2 randomness so the second time will give you random values but not the first time. Another cool feature will be to set the amount of randomness.
The new Erica Synth sequencer does a similar thing.
I think itā€™s time for a mod matrix page. Maybe something like the Arturia Microfreak?

Or when using with another sequencer slaved by OT or sending master to OT. I have in mind triggering FILL with Q Link and/or after button on the MPC 1000, but all sorts of events from all sorts of gear could be used to trigger it. Could be useful in some contexts to trigger with definable midi note on/off

1 Like

or midi loop back triggered by the OT sequencer or LFO :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m 100% for FILL midi control too, on all Elektrons ! So obviousā€¦

A midi loopback OT workaround

If interested I used one shots instead.
Plays Free midi tracks sending Arm Track CCs
Not very explicit dark video but the pattern has only 1 kick and 1 snare, other trigs are one shots armed by Plays Free midi tracks. Fill added at a moment.
https://youtu.be/gbdxRHKVwrw

7 Likes