Ot+digitone+A4 or ot+ virus ti2

Hey! Currently I have ot, digitone and a4. Thinking about studio change. What you think about virus in live aspect? Can I save presets on virus and change track smooth?

Hey, using OT+TI2 for some time now (kk, it’s been like a month since I boutght TI2), but still…

You certainly can save presets on TI2, you can change presets on the fly as you wish (TI2 has fricking TONS of power, so this is really no issue). I’m using it in multi mode, using 8 parts (as OT has 8 tracks…) + 9th part for input (stereo input on TI2, lovely) and use 4 outs on TI2 directly to OT, using thru machines.

For me, it’s exactly as I’ve imagined the two to work together. It’s like the most powerful combo you can get (apart from I miss a nice drum machine and XR18 mixer for some smart recording and routing).

1 Like

I use the Virus TI2 with OT and it’s a great combination. Being multi-timbral and stacked with DSPs you can easily get 4-8 huge patches out of it simultaneously. As mentioned, switching patches and parts of multis is super easy from the OT.

I will say that using it as your only synth may or may not be the best approach from a stylistic perspective depending on the genre. I love the Virus and it really can do almost anything outside of Moog bass or DN style FM. But if you want/need those types of sounds you’d probably want to hold on to at least one of those devices.

1 Like