OSX Audio Editor, adjustable sample rates and loop point retention

I’ve got a whole library of drones that I want to load into the MD. I’ve often used audacity to reduce the sample rate of one shot samples I’ve loaded in with fabulous results, saving me a lot of RAM. I want to take these drones which have carefully set loop points that were done automatically in Keymap Pro, reduce the sample rate in an audio editor, and then upload them to the MD. My current problem is Audacity doesn’t recognize the loop points in the files, so once I reduce the rate and save the files, the new files no longer loop. I don’t think Keymap Pro allows you to save files at reduced sampling rates, I’ve look all over and just can’t find anyway to do it, so I need to use a second app for the rate reduction.

I need to find a program the will read and keep the loop points but allow me to save the files at lower sampling rates. Ideas?

Have you tried Audiofile Engineering Myriad ?
They make Loop editor pro and Triumph who deal with loop points, myriad should recognize

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I was about to purchase Myriad, until I realized I had an old version of Barbabatch on an old PowerPC laptop someone gave me. Pulled it out and it works great so far.