OSX 10.5 and later: An Easy Alternative to C6 for System Updates

As C6 no longer works on the latest Mac OS – Catalina, I looked at the best known alternative, SysEx Librarian. I just successfully updated my Digitone Keys over USB to 1.30 using it. It’s a freeware program available at:

www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

Here’s the procedure:

• Install and open SysEx Librarian. Drag and drop the upgrade file (mine
    was titled "Digitone_and_Digitone_Keys_OS1.30.syx) into SysEx Librarian.

• Turn on your Digitone - it will appear in SysExLibrarian’s drop down menu of midi devices.

• On your Digitone, press the “General Settings” key and navigate down to to “System” and then “OS Upgrade” Press “Yes.” It will say “Waiting for SysEx.”

• On your computer press the play key on SysEx Librarian. The update will slowly load onto your Digitone (it took 15+ minutes on my system). Task bars will appear on both the Digitone and SysEx Librarian. Once you start the transfer, prudence says don’t interrupt the process. Leave your computer and your Digitone alone.

• When the transfer is complete, your Digitone Keys will automatically restart. You may then safely close down SysEx Librarian.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: C6 SysEx Manager not getting Catalina 64-bit update

Please try searching for existing topics when creating new ones https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines