OS Upgrade: Analog Heat +FX OS 1.01

Considering it was the major deal-breaker for a lot of people, I haven’t seen much about the updated output levels / gain staging. How is it?

1 Like

Works great :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I really like the random naming feature!

Elektron updates are the adult version of Christmas morning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Works well! I need to experiment with which level to set it to, and I think it’s saved to presets rather than globally, but a lot neater than having to use other gain plugins afterwards to get the levels back to around the mark they were before adding the AHFX.

1 Like

When you’re on a midi track, go to syn1 page. On the top right corner, you have the PC parameter and it can be plocked, that’s all :slight_smile:
There is also a second PC parameter but it concerns the pattern changes to link several devices. The PC parameter on the midi track itself allows to recall patchs from synth/sampler/FX units per step. But you need devices that can respond quickly to PC and AH+FX is one of them.

I notice that the output meter now shows about half the level previously when Output Gain is set to 0dB, but since I haven’t adjusted my preamp gains I know that it is basically still outputting at the same level as before (pretty sure about this).

For gain staging and noise floor purposes, should I be boosting the signal in the AH to near-clipping to use its entire range, and then pull down my preamp gain on my mixer, or should it be left at 0dB and use half the range of the AH meter?

I tested it on my system, and went for higher gain so that if I remove the AH from the chain I have a comparable gain.

Hi! This is my new message in Elektronauts! :black_heart:

One easy question… is any video/page/tutorial in which I can find how to access to the new features? I don’t find anything.

1 Like

Analog Heat +FX OS Release Notes

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I had no time yet to install the new firmware. but i have 2 questions

1. Do the new output gain options also effect the audio out volume over usb when using overbridge? or only through the output jacks?

2. General question: is there a difference in audio quality when comparing audio over usb and the line outputs (jacks)?

Can the OT sequencer do this? whats the CC for PC?

I don’t know about Overbridge (but I would imagine the answer is yes for that as well), but you can affect the standard audio over USB. I’ve used it myself to increase the volume when I record the output of the Analog Heat +FX via USB.

1 Like

On the OT, you can send PC by parts so you can’t plock them by step.
A CC is a CC (control change) and a PC is a PC (program change) :upside_down_face:

I send a feature request to Elektron to add a quick save & quick reload patch (as on digitrinity).
It could simply be SETTINGS+YES to quick save a patch and SETTINGS+NO to quick reload.

4 Likes

Something happened with my Heat screen… do you know what could be happening?

1 Like

Oh! Hope it’s nothing serious, but I guess you’ve reached Elektron support already!

You can see something similar in the Syntakt screen issue thread Syntakt screen issues

I want to downgrade to FW 1.0 for this reason, could somebody point me to where I can find it again, or perhaps share it please?

1 Like

I think preset loading is really bad now… In the process of making a preset i have enough time to press buttons, but in a live context pressing all these buttons to change a preset is so frustrating?!

First i thought i can disable the first LOAD / SAVE PRESET screen…

And the four A/B/C/D preset lists are super useful, but it would be a lot better if i could choose a preset with the corresponding encoder.

3 Likes