OS Upgrade: Analog Heat +FX OS 1.01

Ramp up the randomness with this new OS for Analog Heat +FX. 1.01 brings a handful of new features - several of which put the power of happy accidents at your fingertips. Play with parameter randomization, random name generation, LFO slew, momentary active, and enjoy a bunch of improvements that make your Heat +FX experience a little smoother.

Parameter randomization

Easily randomize parameter pages with the touch of a button in the pursuit of the left field. Then revel in the result, keep on searching, or dial it back.

Random name generator

Want to pour all your creativity and time into your sound but can’t stand the sight of untitled presets? We’ve got your back. Let the machine take over naming duty, and get set for unexpected results.

LFO slew

Smooth over your LFO transitions from one random position to another with slew. More slew lets you take your time with the switch and keep things less drastic.

Momentary active

Add to the unpredictability by toggling your Heat +FX Active or not. Cast whatever effect you want with ease, as long as you like.

Extra parameters

You have deeper output and audio control courtesy of a new output gain parameter added to the preset setup menu, and an FX to USB parameter added to the audio routing menu.

Plus more

There are also improvements to performance, navigation, and display. Check the release notes for a full list.

Download 1.01 for the Analog Heat +FX here.
Explore Analog Heat +FX.

34 Likes

:raised_hands:t3:

12 Likes

no love for the Heat mk1 / mk2?
…sad noises…

10 Likes

oh excellent, finally gain staging stuff!! and more experimental things too!

3 Likes

Actually a good idea and I would like to have this function on all other machines too. I can’t say yet how long it will take before the machine randomly spits out a name that fits or that I like :wink:

9 Likes

Yes so nice!! Also hoping for some new presets… really like to have them as a starting point :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Will download as soon as I’m home!

very encouraging to see that lfo slew again

4 Likes

Wednesday release strikes again!

1 Like

:joy:

Nice update, though!

11 Likes

Nice update but the previous system to load a preset was better and could act as an instant reload. Now you have to select load, then press “yes” and “yes” again to avoid to loose your modifications on patch. It’s nice and more elegant but I miss the instant reload functionality :frowning:

6 Likes

The link is fixed fwiw, it’s linked directly here if the website is struggling/flaky

6 Likes

does this fix the low output/volume when using analog heat+fx in overbridge mode?

1 Like

That sems like quite a decent update for a 0.01 upgrade!

4 Likes

that kinda surprised me too, i’ve got used to that - guess there’s no other way to “func+no” the active preset huh

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a bit weird. Release notes don’t mention anything about Euclidean, just that you can randomise parameters on a page. Someone in the marketing department got a bit carried away when creating this blurp, I think.

For a moment I thought they added an actual sequencer in this update.

3 Likes

They probably used a template from the prior update and forgot to delete/edit “Euclidean Mode” header.

4 Likes

Good stuff!

1 Like

The gain boost is really welcome.
Both for Heat on and off :v:

4 Likes

oof this is concerning, on 1.0 I do washed out buildups then reload a preset right before the drop (2 clicks), havnt tried 1.01 yet but hope I can still do this

Edit: tried it, they’ve now made it 4 clicks to reload :frowning:

Then I was like but at least there’s parameter reload now… nope, it doesn’t work for this, param+No reloads to the default settings, i don’t understand how that’s useful at all. It should reload the parameters to where they were saved in that preset, shouldn’t it? Wouldn’t that be more useful?

3 Likes

I tried it out, and even though it’s more cumbersome, pressing “yes” twice is still okay. But I think that this was a step down as well. However, this function isn’t what is going to hold me back from being fast on this box.

2 Likes