OS Update - Voting Results!

this is an awesome idea, and i agree that project management should be the first priority for any OS update.

this is an awesome idea, and i agree that project management should be the first priority for any OS update.[/quote]
I agree! +100

i’d like to see the ±12 pitch limitation lifted as well!

and the ability to set neighbor machines to feed audio from all tracks before it, not just the one immediately before it. so u could use them like buss fx.

it would be interresting to know if some elektron developers are reading this topic… or it is a voice in the desert

I’d add in a granular machine since there’s a good thread about it.

Project management is first priority for me too, my sets are all over the place…
Pitch limitations lift would be great.
New machines efx are always welcome but I´m pretty happy with that aspect of the OT so far.

ok. added granilar to wishlist

What I miss in addition is that track mutes are not stored in a pattern. Only trigger and P-Locks are stored.

This makes a pattern chance unpredictable.

I hope they will change this.

You can just create an row on the Arranger with the mute settings you want and set the row to loop indefinitely. As soon as you trigger the arranger row the mutes will kick in. You can also set the scenes to change automatically, very useful functionality imo.

You can just create an row on the Arranger with the mute settings you want and set the row to loop indefinitely. As soon as you trigger the arranger row the mutes will kick in. You can also set the scenes to change automatically, very useful functionality imo.[/quote]
imo is the arranger mode totaly useless… it goes against the live aspect of the OT. if you set up a row and make live changes to the pattern, as soon as the row repeat will trigger the preconfigured settings and all your live changes are gone! and the handling of the arranger is a pain… i would never touch it live on stage!

You can just create an row on the Arranger with the mute settings you want and set the row to loop indefinitely. As soon as you trigger the arranger row the mutes will kick in. You can also set the scenes to change automatically, very useful functionality imo.[/quote]
imo is the arranger mode totaly useless… it goes against the live aspect of the OT. if you set up a row and make live changes to the pattern, as soon as the row repeat will trigger the preconfigured settings and all your live changes are gone! and the handling of the arranger is a pain… i would never touch it live on stage![/quote]
I’m pretty much of the opposite opinion :wink:

The ability to flick between standard OT use and then to complex sequences of patterns in arranger is pretty much my favorite thing on the OT at the moment, especially using offsets etc to create brand new patterns from a combination of existing ones.

I’ve got arranger set up to mute and unmute Octatrack channels, change BPM’s, automatically assign scenes to the fader, and intricately chop and change between patterns using the offsets to create entire new sequences etc. Very useful for creating transitions that just aren’t feasable with 2 hands or quickly changing scene selection, bpm and pattern with one button press - I don’t think this ‘goes against the live aspect’, its merely a way of employing a ‘2nd band member’ to change patterns and mutes every now and then when you run out of hands!

In arranger I’ve also got midi tracks set up to automatically mute/unmute Machinedrum & Monomachine patterns using CC’s. You can basically use arranger to unfold an entire pattern and then jump out into normal OT use when you want to go off on a tangent.

Talking about tangents, apologies for going way off topic :wink:

well I’ve already spent far too much time in these threads over the years, but my current top 5 feature requests would have to be:

1 - copy+paste patterns seamlessly on the fly
2 - MIDI control of the mixer
3 - MIDI triggering of slices
4 - repitch timestretch mode
5 - name MIDI tracks+CCs

and fix the PIPO looping bug…

The ability to play a midi keyboard into the sequencer via LiveRecord mode, and have that recorded sequence come out just how I played it in.

I always assumed the resolution of the micro-timing would be able to do this and that I was just doing something wrong quantize wise, but I always need to edit many trigs of my recorded sequences for some reason. I’ve tried quantize live recording off and on and neither one seems to give me what exactly what I need. A4 does this to me too.

If I play straight timing withces tittie tight, of course this works fine, but more often than not I’m playing something into the seq with much more feel and swing than the grid. maybe the sequecer is just too stiff and rigid to capture my playing style? IDK

what do you mean with: “2 - MIDI control of the mixer” and with “4 - repitch timestretch mode”?

Rusty had a similar thread that I posted on as well,

Hey Van, hope you can make some noise!!

I would like the ability to record the Octatrack’s 8 tracks to DAW (Pro Tools) without using audio cables, maybe USB?

Thank you.

Audio thru USB would be really great, but i dont think the design can handle it. would be intersting to know what is possible and what is not… (Elektron developers!)

what do you mean with: “2 - MIDI control of the mixer” and with “4 - repitch timestretch mode”?[/quote]
2 - you currently cannot control the overall output levels, the DIR levels, or the input gains via MIDI. very strange.
4 - pitch sample up or down to match tempo, rather than trying to preserve pitch. in other words, what happens when you slow down a turntable. the most classic of all stretching techniques, doesn’t degrade the sound or introduce artifacts as other methods tend to do…

what do you mean with: “2 - MIDI control of the mixer” and with “4 - repitch timestretch mode”?[/quote]
2 - you currently cannot control the overall output levels, the DIR levels, or the input gains via MIDI. very strange.
4 - pitch sample up or down to match tempo, rather than trying to preserve pitch. in other words, what happens when you slow down a turntable. the most classic of all stretching techniques, doesn’t degrade the sound or introduce artifacts as other methods tend to do…[/quote]
for item 4, check http://hotoolz.tk
it’s a workaround MMP/Pd patch i use to play out live. it also does some other tricks.
next round of refinements is coming up, so any input is appreciated.

4 - pitch sample up or down to match tempo, rather than trying to preserve pitch. in other words, what happens when you slow down a turntable. the most classic of all stretching techniques, doesn’t degrade the sound or introduce artifacts as other methods tend to do…[/quote]
I got it!

just added: 20. mixer volume control over MIDI