OS Update - Voting Results!

Thanks, Almost :slight_smile: It still says it will be ignored (save all)…

Thanks, Almost :slight_smile: It still says it will be ignored (save all)…[/quote]
ahh. yeah. changed :slight_smile:

over 50 VOTES! :slight_smile:

60 votes! list updated. we have three favorites:

1. project management
  2. trigger slots with midi
  3. midi slider funcionality (MIDI P-Locks)

we have now 65 votes! i think it’s enough.
the three most wanted features are:

1. Project management!
  2. MIDI slider functionality
  3. Ability to trigger slices with MIDI

you can see it by yourself. Tell me what you think!
cheers!

my three favs are not in the poll :confused:

namely:

• fix for the tempo detection for samples. even the manual states if there is smth-bpm in the file name, OT should take the sample tempo from the filename. in reality it does not.
  • transients. slicing based on transients + zero x-ings would really be awesome
  • polyphony. preferably two new machines: chord machine and drum machine (although in the advent of analog rytm the latter won’t happen :/)

Just read all this, & would be happy to see almost all these functions get squashed into the machine.
Fat chance of, but voted for midi scenes as a distant dream.

A couple of other requests i didn’t see here and might be worth re documenting for prosperity again (old elektron users.com) are:

• option to turn off func+cue. Though its great for live, while building it has lost me hrs of work on a number of occasions.
  • allow for saving and loading of more than one sample setting per sample. (saves having to have same sound loaded into more than one slot and would be powerful for switching during performance)
  • ctrl-6p style machine which would allow parameters from different tracks on same page (typical use might be as dj eqs for 2 deck setup)

Other suggestions already made i have wished for include master track per part option, flanger/chorus/phaser overhaul, midi program change p-locks.

This is something already possible using a free external MMP/Puredata MIDI patch: http://hotoolz.tk
Although it would be great if it were possible using internal MIDI CC remapping.

slices are chosen with values received from CC # 18 and triggered with C3.
the ability to activate individual slots using a similar method would be nice though.

^yes, this please. and a plockable Arp…
ohyea and while you’re at it: the feature on the A4 where you hold down any page button and reveal the values of the knobs is something i like and shouldn’t be too much hassle to take over no? I wouldn’t think this intersects with the A4 feature set too much and keep off people buying it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Interesting. Will check it out once i eventually update ios. My workaround involves a novation remote sl, lemur or touchosc template but would prefer a built in function for space’s sake. Really irks when their older gear (md) already has this functionality.

This is something already possible using a free external MMP/Puredata MIDI patch: http://hotoolz.tk
Although it would be great if it were possible using internal MIDI CC re-routing.
[/quote]
Interesting. Will check it out once i eventually update ios. My workaround involves a novation remote sl, lemur or touchosc template but would prefer a built in function for space’s sake. Really irks when their older gear (md) already has this functionality.[/quote]
yes - internally, like the MD, would be fantastic…
my patch unfortunately involves an ios7 device and an ios midi interface (still more mobile than a laptop…).
i plan on splitting up my patch (which currently also does tempo-dependent sample repitching) in the near future, so you can load only the module you need.
the split-off version of [OTEN] will feature multiple custom encoder mappings, which you will be able to recall by activating a specific OT MIDI track.

OMFG this would be so useful. Doesn’t happen to me often but when it does its usually catastrophic and right before a gig :dizzy_face:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here, but transient based slicing!

My big feature request is a small one: increasing the limit on how many songs can be created in song mode. 8 is way way too few.

I’d like to see the Arranger developed further with randomisation using seeds dictating branches in the structure and the ability to ‘print’ sections back to Patterns.

Bumpiddybump! :slight_smile:

hmm, let this sleeping dog lie ! #methinks

ofc, it wasn’t a perfect poll, nor are the list items formulated in a precise manner.

but it certainly is food for thought.

also, forum users can read through what has already been said, what’s been suggested, before we get a new thread with exactly the same requests (which i strongly expect, now that the OT has been let out of the cage again).

anyway, thanks for bumping, avantronica :slight_smile:

< / f r e e b u m p >