OS 1.31 Midi clock USB

Hello everyone,

just to say that the usb MIDI sync on my AR is screwed aswell with the new OS 1.31b upgrade. Same problem with regular midi sync. This is quiet annoying… I can’t use the machine in conjunction with any other software/hardware device :confused:

I’ll post another ticket. Hope they will fix this pretty quick !

Seriously five month, come on do something

3 Likes

Looks like there’s no interest for anyone to even respond to this. Right now the only way I can get usb midi to work is if I’m not using overbridge as an input to my daw. I doubt there’s no room on the USB bus for midi and at least the L/R outs.

It’s been a while since I have not updated my black boxes, I have done well to come here before.

List of changes from OS 1.30D to 1.31 Changes
The lowest required Overbridge Software Suite version is now 1.15.0. Should you want to keep support for Overbridge 1.10.x, you must stay on OS 1.30D.
*> The unit will no longer react to MIDI transport (or MIDI clock) when synced via the Overbridge plugin. The old behavior was confusing to many users and didn’t work well with certain DAWs.

Lol I just sold my USAMO after realising I could clock the Rytm accurately from Overbridge. This worked fine when I was on 1.20D. Very confusing!

Close to one year later and this issue is still not solved. I sent a support ticket last year but the best answer they could give was to downgrade the firmware. (Which I have bad experience with since my projects were altered in the new firmware)

Did anyone else make a support ticket about the missing midi clock over USB and what was response?

Just curious if there is any time to expect a fix or start reprogramming my whole set.

Can anyone confirm this post below? I’d like to upgrade to 1.31 but I find the statement in the release notes confusing.

The unit will no longer react to MIDI transport (or MIDI clock) when synced via the Overbridge plugin. The old behavior was confusing to many users and didn’t work well with certain DAWs.

My units currently sync via OB. I have another device connected via the RYTM MIDI Out.

Everything currently starts/stops in sync with the transport on my computer (Ableton). Will that change if I upgrade?

That would be a blocker!

Thanks

To answer my owner question, it still works as I expect post upgrade.