OS 1.31 Midi clock USB

Midi clock seems to not be available to the USB host when the system is USB-Midi mode. Just upgraded from 1.30D where I was able to use the AR clock to sync an iPad.

Yes, I found the same issue (two days before my live show).

Did you find a workaround?

Sort of, I switched to using the din Midi out out on the AR and clocking my modular with that has been fairly painless.

I haven’t found a truly reliable loop/clip/midi iOS app so I moved away from incorporating an iPad for sequencing and such. I totally wish AR had even one channel of midi sequencing!

I’m using the BomeBox for triggering other gear by programChanges that the AR sends out… but to re-program 654 PGM changes from USB to MIDI is a hell of a job… I hope they’ll fix this soon…

It’s a known issue due to be fixed in next update according to my support ticket.

1 Like

Hey,
just found out that I can’t receive clock or transport (start/stop etc) from Rytm on my Mac via USB.

this is both in OB and MIDI USB mode.
Tried uninstalling OB drivers, no juice.

anyone else seeing this? The macOS install is pretty fresh, don’t think there’s anything wonky installed.

so uh… not sure, could be a macOS bug, maybe it’s my olden MacBook Air…

ok just tested on iPad (iOS 10.3.1) with a 3rd party midi monitor app (midi wrench)…

after connecting Rytm, the app logs exactly 16 realtime messages, and then stops getting realtime data. this can e.g. be 16 clocks, or if you quickly keep mashing start/stop on rytm while connecting, some start/stop messages are there as well. But always stops after 16 bytes.

hmmmmm :thinking:

if I restart my Mac, Rytm connected, then start the MIDI Monitor app, it also logs 16 clock bytes, then stops.

hmmmmmmmm :thinking:

Yeah there are a bunch of posts about it (happens on A4 too), some of us have tickets in and bug confirmed by support. Awaiting (likely post Digitakt release) fix. Super annoying. :nej:

2 Likes

annoying indeed… yeah suppose this won’t get priority-fixed lol… sent in another report, can’t hurt…

2 Likes

My chain of tickets went like this Sent in report, confirmed bug, offered fix soon, fix delayed, told to roll back OS, :crickets:

1 Like

ah ok - do you happen to know which version was the last one where it worked…? if it’s not too old, might try and roll back… but also need the old OB version then… guess Rytm OS 1.30D and OB 1.1.0 would be worth a try?

Yup, and that screws OB on OSX to some degree, also LFO bugs.

2 Likes

Edit: )topic merge confusion)… I only rolled back my A4 though (same issue) since I have too many Rytm sounds that would get mangled by the LFO bugs in 1.30D.

1 Like

hmmmm yea… not optimal!

but personally, could live with that for now…
just wanna experiment with a thing, but need working sync and audio from rytm…

if anyone has the filez for Rytm OS 1.30D and OB 1.1.0 for Mac, pls share! thx

Support provided me with an attachment on my ticket, ask them I guess. I don’t want to upload it elsewhere in case it has other more serious bugs :wink:

Good luck during Superbooth though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

will do! but yeah, Simon is here in Berlin rn lol. will press the issue tonight.

2 Likes

Buy him a beer first!

2 Likes

Just wondering if this ever got fixed, I’m having some trouble syncing my rytm to ableton live.

Hello,
I really love my AR, simply the best sequencer on a drum machine I ever used. Incorporating the AR into my workflow completely changed my way of programming drums, but there is a “but”:
I’ve been working (should I say struggling) hard on making the sync with Ableton (being master) work fine but I am still not completely satisfied by the situation I have. I send the sync signal over MIDI (not USB) and use the OS1.30 (No OverBridge). It is fine in the studio but it is simply not acceptable to face the bugs I had no later than yesterday on stage: To summarize the different bugs to which I’ve been exposed (over the last months):

• Loss of sync on tricky pattern changes (in particular when the machine is stopped and a different pattern change is sent right when starting again) (I found a work around for this one)
  • Seqencer Stops with no identified reason…wouaouhh
  • Interface frozen (pads, buttons…), not reproducible, audio is still output

Of course, the last two occur very sparingly, but it is already too much, specially on stage. (I let you imagine how I freak before each gig due to these technical non musical issues) ==> I seriously (sadly) think of an alternate solution, unless someone having experimented the same issues finally solved everything to make this installation definitely stable.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this.
Thanks.